• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing ColdFusion on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone successfully installed CF11 (or any other version) on a Windows 10 machine?

I installed IIS, ISAPI Extensions, ASP.NET, and CGI.  The CF11 installer seemed to run well, and got to the point where it would normally launch CF Admin and came up with a 404 error.  I ran the Web Server Configuration Tool, and it pops up a warning box that says "Version 10.0 installed. Supported versions are 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, 8.x" after I chose all IIS sites. Also, there isn't a numbered folder under c:\ColdFusion11\config\wsconfig\ like there should be, so there are no Handler Mappings for CF file extensions in IIS.

You'd think Adobe would be all over this as many developers will be switching to Windows 10 soon.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

This has been fixed. The latest CF 10 / 11 update added Windows 10 / IIS 10 compatibility.

ColdFusion 11 Update 7

ColdFusion 10 Update 18

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is currently no support for Windows 10 / IIS 10. There is a bug report open about it here - Feature#3984812 - Support for IIS 10

I can only assume there will be a hot fix coming soon with the changes required to get this working. Whether it will be before Windows 10 is released is anyones guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed, ColdFusion is *not* supported on Windows 10 / RTM / final release version.

EDIT 2015-08-05: Adobe, can we have a status update please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need support for this asap. Already switched to Windows 10 and web server configuration tool is now broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend everyone direct all queries and requests to the bug that is open regarding this - Feature#3984812 - Support for IIS 10

Stuff is more likely to get seen and updated that there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime connector can be manually set, here's link to instructions (should work for CF11 as well): IIS manual connector configuration | ColdFusion 10

Create CFIDE and Jakarta Virtual Directories for each site on your IIS including default site (for CF admin site)

ColdFusion10 server connect to webserver through Connector Port, which is in server.xml. You can find this file in the {CF-HOME}\cfusion\runtime\conf directory.

In all the configuration below, replace {CF-HOME} with actual ColdFusion 10 installation directory. (For example, on UNIX,  /opt/ColdFusion10 and C:\ColdFusion10 for windows.)

• Extract the DLL from wsconfig.jar in {CF-HOME}\cfusion\runtime\lib.
    • The IIS 64-bit DLL is in connector\isapi\intel-win64\prebuilt\amd64\isapi_redirect.dll
    • The IIS 32-bit DLL is in connector\isapi\intel-win\prebuilt\isapi_redirect.dll

• Create a folder in {CF-HOME}\config\wsconfig\{magic-number} and copy the DLL into that folder.

• Create a file named isapi_redirect.properties and copy the content below into it.extension_uri = /jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll
    log_file = {CF-HOME}\config\wsconfig\{magic-number}\isapi_redirect.log
    log_level = info
    worker_file = {CF-HOME}\config\wsconfig\{magic-number}\workers.properties
    worker_mount_file = {CF-HOME}\config\wsconfig\{magic-number}\uriworkermap.properties
    iis_buffer_enable =  true

• Create uriworkermap.properties under {CF-HOME}\config\wsconfig\{magic-number} and copy the content below into it./cfformgateway/* = cfusion
    /CFFormGateway/* = cfusion
    /flex2gateway/* = cfusion
    /flex2gateway = cfusion
    /cffileservlet/* = cfusion
    /CFFileServlet/* = cfusion
    /cfform-internal/* = cfusion
    /flashservices/gateway/* = cfusion
    /flex-internal/* = cfusion
    /rest/* = cfusion
    /*.cfml/* = cfusion
    /*.mxml = cfusion
    /*.as = cfusion
    /*.cfm = cfusion
    /*.cfm/* = cfusion
    /*.swc = cfusion
    /*.cfml = cfusion
    /*.cfc = cfusion
    /*.cfc/* = cfusion
    /*.cfr = cfusion
    /*.cfswf = cfusion
    /*.sws = cfusion
    /*.jsp = cfusion
    /*.hbmxml = cfusion

• Create workers.properties under {CF-HOME}\config\wsconfig\{magic-number} and copy the content below. Make sure that the port mentioned is the same as the connector port mentioned for protocol "AJP/1.3" in server.xml.worker.list=cfusionworker.cfusion.type=ajp13
    worker.cfusion.host=localhost
    worker.cfusion.port=8012
    worker.cfusion.max_reuse_connections=250

• Double-click Handler Mappings, click Add Script Map in the Actions panel. Add handlers for cfm, cfc, cfml, cfr, and cfswf extensions and point all of them to {CF-HOME}\config\wsconfig\{magic-number}\isapi_redirect.dll.

• Open IIS Manager, and select the website. Create the virtual directory CFIDE and jakarta.
    • Virtual Directory name CFIDE location {CF-HOME}\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE.
    • Virtual Directory name jakarta location {CF-HOME}\config\wsconfig\{magic-number}.
    • Select the jakarta virtual directory in the Connections panel.
    • Double-click the Handler Mappings icon in Feature View.
    • Click Edit Feature Permission in the Actions panel.
    • Ensure Execute is selected.

• Double-click ISAPI Filters and click Add in the Actions panel. Give a Filter name (for example, Tomcat) and point it to {CF-HOME}\config\wsconfig\{magic-number}\isapi_redirect.dll.

Note:Enable the following features at IIS the level.

• ISAPI Extensions
  • ISAPI Filters
  • CGI
  • ASP .NET

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On top of all that you will need to set index.cfm as the default document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I follow these instructions, I find that I need to add IsapiModule to Modules before I can add Handler Mappings. But to add a Managed Module I need to choose or enter a Type. What should be entered here? If I choose something at random from the list and then try to access administrator, I get a Bad Module error, presumably because I've chosen the wrong Type.

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the above instructions, but I still get this error:

My CF installation is a developer using server configuration...nothing fancy.  Any ideas?

Eric Roberts

Three Ravens Consulting

Sr. ColdFusion Developer

ps.  I just started a new contract and I really need to get my dev environment back up and running...so HELP!!!  Thanks in advance...

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.

Most likely causes:

• IIS received the request; however, an internal error occurred during the processing of the request. The root cause of this error depends on which module handles the request and what was happening in the worker process when this error occurred.
  • IIS was not able to access the web.config file for the Web site or application. This can occur if the NTFS permissions are set incorrectly.
  • IIS was not able to process configuration for the Web site or application.
  • The authenticated user does not have permission to use this DLL.
  • The request is mapped to a managed handler but the .NET Extensibility Feature is not installed.

Things you can try:

• Ensure that the NTFS permissions for the web.config file are correct and allow access to the Web server's machine account.
  • Check the event logs to see if any additional information was logged.
  • Verify the permissions for the DLL.
  • Install the .NET Extensibility feature if the request is mapped to a managed handler.
  • Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.

Detailed Error Information:

Module   IsapiFilterModule
Notification   AuthenticateRequest
Handler   ExtensionlessUrlHandler-Integrated-4.0
Error Code   0x80070001

Requested URL   http://127.0.0.1:80/
Physical Path   C:\inetpub\wwwroot
Logon Method   Anonymous
Logon User   Anonymous

I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try to access CF Admin?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if you look at your IIS logs you might be able to see the entire error.  Also a good idea to check the CF logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried it on Windows 10 and it doesn't work. The Web Server Configuration Tool simply doesn't see IIS 10 as a web server.

I've gone back to Windows 7 anyway - I find it much easier to use and navigate. Its actually quicker as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2015 Aug 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an even stranger problem. I did a clean install of Windows 10 and when I went to install ColdFusion 11 I got a message saying that the Akamai installer does not recognize my browser. I tried it in Firefox, Chrome and the new Microsoft Edge. Same message in all three browsers.

I am ready to give up on Adobe..period!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2015 Aug 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles,

Since, the download mechanism is now using Akamai, the downloading process has changed a bit. In case the Akamai downloader fails, please try the following steps:-

1. Go to http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=coldfusion.
  2. Complete your details on the right-hand side section, if not already.
  3. Copy this link http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/CSTD/11/win64/ColdFusion_11_WWEJ_win64.exe and paste it on the browser URL and hit “enter”.

The installer will start downloading. Let me know, in case it doesn’t work for you.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2015 Aug 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anit,

Many thanks for the information. It seems to be downloading. I just hope it works in Windows 10 after it loads.

The part that gets me is that Adobe has had nearly 2-years warning that this upgrade was coming, with nearly 6 months of a very public and stable beta of Windows 10. Nearly all other software I use made the conversion without a single problem. The only software to give me problems is Adobe.

Anyhow, once again, thank you for your assistance. It is much appreciated,

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, never even considered that Adobe wouldn't support Windows 10 for Coldfusion.  Upgraded to Win10 and CF no workie.  Did clean install, no workie.  Akamai DM won't even work on Win10 (tried chrome and edge).  Very disappointing after 15 years of CF work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently heard they'll be releasing a new version soon, perhaps they'll be waiting until then, assuming that most people will refrain trom upgrading to Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is this going to get this fixed?  Windows 10 has been available to get this right for a very long time.  Come Adobe...get off of your backsides and get this right.  This is really hurting the development community since Win 10 was an update provided via windows update rather than a regular install.  A lot of people upgraded and now cannot use CF locally for development.  The lack of a fix for this is very unprofessional and is symptomatic of why CF gets such a bad name.  IS Adobe just trying to kill CF?  At least let us know so we can move on to other languages.  This lack of action on this show stopper of a bug is not very fair to a very loyal developer community.

Eric Roberts

owner@threeravensconsulting.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been fixed. The latest CF 10 / 11 update added Windows 10 / IIS 10 compatibility.

ColdFusion 11 Update 7

ColdFusion 10 Update 18

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why has the latest installer not been updated, almost a month after the patch.

Come on Adobe.. really..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with CF11 on Windows 10, it hasn't installed correctly and the Update 7 solution is hardly helpful when it tells you to get the update through the CFAdmin page. How can I do that if CF won't run?

Where can I get Update 7 download? 

It's very frustrating how for a long time now, CF installers on Windows/IIS always seem to have problems.  I remember back when they just worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, please disregard previous post, I found the update download page and installed it, ran the webserver connector tool and all is working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation