• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing/Configuring PMT

Explorer ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are updating from Coldfusion11 to Coldfusion2018 and are trying to configure the PMT.  We have installed the PMT on a separate server, but are unable to configure it to auto-discover our CF server nor can we manually add it.  Both the CF server and the PMT server are Redhat Linux.  We assumed that the datastore was created as part of the CF installation, but have also explicitly installed a datastore on the CF server.  Neither seem to work.  When we try to manually add the CF server within PMT, we get a 'Failed to Respond' error message.  We're not sure on which server the datastore should be installed or if we are using the correct port.  We've been using the port that was defined during installation of the PMT.  Within the CF administrator, the monitoring settings indicate that we are not connected to a datastore nor is monitoring enabled.  Are these settings controlled via the web server or the PMT server?

I apologize if this information is already available, but I've come up short in my research.  Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There are few things to check here.

1. If the IP is accessible from PMT machine. Please check the port is open and can be check using Telnet.

2. If the above statement is not true and you can ping the IP and ports are open. Then follow the below steps.

3. If ES is not installed on the same machine, then check whether ES is running with loopback IP Address(127.0.0.1). If yes, then change the IP address to the one that is accessible from CF server.

4. If ES is not bound to loopback IP address, then try using telnet <ES_IP_Address> <ES_PORT> from the machine where CF is installed to check whether the TCP connection is getting established.

You can check the ES’s IP address from the PMT portal.

Steps to check the details:

1. Login into PMT dashboard
  2. Navigate to Settings > General
  3. Check the IP Address under the datastore section

The IP address that is available in this field, should be accessible from the CF server.

​

Restart the Elastic search.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Priyank,

Thank you for the response.  What does ES stand for?  Also, I believe that I am unable to confirm the Host and Port.  When I log into PMT, I cannot get past this screen to access anything else.

Thank you,

Aimee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aimee,

ES stands for Elastic Search(Datastore). You can change the IP here so it can be accessed from your ColdFusion machine and then you can add the CF node manually with secret key.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Priyank,

I appreciate your help, but we're not making any progress here.  We are running Coldfusion2018 on Redhat Linux and using the connectors to run over Apache 2.4.  Can you help us with the following specific questions:

• Do we need to install anything more than CF2018 on the web server?
  • What needs to be running on the web server (for example, elastic search)? 
  • What do we need to install on the PMT server?  Currently, we have both the datastore and the PMT.  Is this correct?
  • Does each web server have its own data store to connect to?
  • If we use the mod_jk connector, what port are we supposed to connect to when manually adding a server into the PMT.  We've tried 80, 443, 8500, 8503, and 9250.

Thanks,

Aimee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aimee,

• Do we need to install anything more than CF2018 on the web server?

Adobe - You do not need to install anything other then CF2018 and Web server.

• What needs to be running on the web server (for example, elastic search)?

Adobe - In webserver machine, you only have to run the ColdFusion 2018 and Apache.

• What do we need to install on the PMT server?  Currently, we have both the datastore and the PMT.  Is this correct?

You have to install PMT on other machine which doesn't have CF install (you can install PMT on the same machine, but that way you have to login to the same machine and run the PMT. Let's say, if you are not allowed to open the link outside the server then there is no point of installing it on the same machine).

• Does each web server have its own data store to connect to?

Adobe - No, there is only one place Datastore is installed. That is on the PMT machine.

• If we use the mod_jk connector, what port are we supposed to connect to when manually adding a server into the PMT.  We've tried 80, 443, 8500, 8503, and 9250.

Adobe - We only need the ColdFusion HTTP port and Datastore ports should be open and accessible.

You can email us at cf.install@adobe.com. I will work with you.

Thanks,

Priyank Shrivastava

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - we've found the correct port number to allow us to manually add a server such that it comes back with a green checkbox and a Success message.  At that point, the only thing we can click on is the Launch button at the bottom.  However, when we do this, it takes us back to Autodiscovery or Skip.  Autodiscovery finds nothing and Skip takes us back to the manual page with no servers listed.

However, within the CF administrator, it now shows us as connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Aimee,

If you skip it, do you see any nodes added in PMT? Can we have a call, please send me the details and I will take a look. Once it is resolved, I will post the resolution to this thread.

Thanks,

Priyank Shrivastava

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation