Highlighted

Is ColdFusion 2016 Developer Version "Free"

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interested in developing in ColdFusion 11... or in 2016 (it doesn't really matter). I see a 30 day trial for the ColdFusion 2016. Is the Developer version "free" or not? What happens at the end of the 30 day trial?

Yes. Developer edition is free. This free edition provides the features of ColdFusion Enterprise, but can only be accessed from the local machine and two additional IP addresses. The Developer Edition enables you to learn and develop ColdFusion applications on your standalone workstation. To deploy your ColdFusion applications, you will need to purchase a license to the ColdFusion Edition of your choice or utilize ColdFusion hosting services.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is ColdFusion 2016 Developer Version "Free"

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interested in developing in ColdFusion 11... or in 2016 (it doesn't really matter). I see a 30 day trial for the ColdFusion 2016. Is the Developer version "free" or not? What happens at the end of the 30 day trial?

Yes. Developer edition is free. This free edition provides the features of ColdFusion Enterprise, but can only be accessed from the local machine and two additional IP addresses. The Developer Edition enables you to learn and develop ColdFusion applications on your standalone workstation. To deploy your ColdFusion applications, you will need to purchase a license to the ColdFusion Edition of your choice or utilize ColdFusion hosting services.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 17, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Developer version is free. It is basically Enterprise but only allows access from a small number of IP addresses and has some features disabled. The Trial version is essentially a fully-functional time-limited Enterprise version. It becomes the Developer version at the end of the trial.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2017 1
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great information. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Key phrase for me: "It becomes the Developer version at the end of the trial." Thanks for the info!

Glenn

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you install CF Server as a developer edition, you get full functionality - however, certain things like PDF creation will "watermark" the document as being created from a developer edition of CF.

As far as the 30 day trial, I'm not sure what happens, but I can assume that CF will be disabled in some fashion.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2017 0
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who wants to know how many days are remaining in your trial, in CF Admin, click the resources icon on the upper right.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2018 0