• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Page Level Debugging Possible?

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My code runs on a shared ColdFusion server.  Therefore I do not have access to the CF Administrator.  Therefore I cannot use the CF Administrator to enable debugging.  Is there a way within my page I can enable debugging for that page?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMHO, the best thing you can do for debugging is to use a CFTRY/CFCATCH around the code that is causing issues, and use the CFCATCH to CFMAIL (type = "html") a CFDUMP of the #cfcatch# object, to yourself.  When the email arrives, check the message to see what is causing the issue.  It might be a pain to have to do over and over and over, but it's effective.

HTH,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the CFSETTINGS tag. I believe there is a debug setting, simply call the tag at the beginning of your page. I have never used it this way though, I tend to use a lot of log entries and/or email logic like what WolfShade describes -- although I do it at the error page level (either using CFERROR tag or onError within the application.cfc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assumed that since the OP indicated that access to the CFAdmin was denied, the setting in CFAdmin for displaying debugging information was turned off, or at least his/her IP address was not in the allowed list for displaying debugging information.

If debugging is turned off, or his/her IP address is not in the allowed list, then the CFTRY/CFCATCH/CFDUMP solution will work.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation