Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a maximum size in either ColdFusion, Flex or AMF

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish there was an AMF forum.

I have CF version 8,0,0,176276, Flex 3.0.214193, and Oracle 10g.

I am trying to build an application in Flex, using RemoteObject access to a ColdFusion .cfc via the AMF channel. The application has several comment fields with are allowed to be over 4000 characters in length, so in Oracle they are defined as CLOBs. It all was going pretty well until I started to test it with some very long comments. Then the updates stopped working, but there was no error. I used CFFILE to dump the passed arguments out to a file, and found that one of the CLOB fields in the where clause was truncated. But then I don't know for sure that the CFFILE wasn't the one doing the truncating. All I know for sure is the update doesn't complete. None of the logs show anything. I can't use a TRY/CATCH in the .cfc because the CFQUERY runs without an error.

Is there a size limit in Flex RemoteObject? or maybe the limit is in AMF. I have the ColdFusion limit set for 1GB pagesize, but does a .cfc count for pagesize?

I don't even know where to start on this one. Any help you can give my is appreciated.

Scott

TOPICS
Flash integration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

answers (or at least discussion) continue there : http://forums.adobe.com/thread/414553?tstart=0

You should close that one 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

answers (or at least discussion) continue there : http://forums.adobe.com/thread/414553?tstart=0

You should close that one 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation