• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to "read" code from ColdFusion administrator files?

Participant ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF administrator has a handy tool in Mail to verify whether CF is connecting to the mail server (used for CFMail). I'd like to be able to this verification outside the CF Adm. template. For example, create a scheduled task to check this every so often. But, all the administrator files seem to be encrypted or something. Is there a way to view the actual cfml code on various pages?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, there is not a way to do what you ask, and you should be glad for it.

To be able to read CFML code from a .cfm/.cfml/.cfc document would be a huge security risk, even if Adobe made it so that only a browser on the CF Server could do it.  Logins and passwords could be compromised, as well as DSNs, DNSs, and internal IP addresses - a veritable candy store for hackers, script-kiddies, and other malicious actors.

The encryption is in place for two security-based reasons:  1) reduces the chance of malicious actors taking advantage of unencrypted code, and 2) prevents users/admins from altering non-open-source code.

HTH,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to look at the CF admin code to check if your mail settings are correct.  The simple thing you can do is write a task to send you an email.  If you get the email everything is working.  If you don't, well, it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the info that we should not be able to see the code. Never thought of that.

I am already checking the undeliverable mail to see if anything there. If so, I get a text message. Lets me know a problem. Problem isn't always not connecting to server, though. Also, I'm getting the notice after finding out that a problem was created.

I was trying to cut down on constantly getting email/text messages that all is ok. Thought it would be good to be able to simply get a message that the routine showed that it (CF) could not connect to server. The same way you can verify or not be able to verify that CF is able to connect with mail server by using the "verify connection" in mail in CF administrator.

I was just hoping to see what code they use to do that and use similar in a scheduled task. Be nice to get a message that CF NOT connecting, rather than wait for not getting a message (which then shows something wrong).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation