• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Coldfusion 2016 install on Windows Server 2012

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a successful install on one server.

I tried to install on another server and it will not accept my admin password at the configuration prompt once the install is completed.  I uninstalled and reinstalled 4 additional times and it just won't accept the admin password as it was entered during the installation process.  As a result, all of the services don't start and I can't access the CF administration utility at all.

The services that DO start are:

ColdFusion 2016 .NET Service

ColdFusion 2016 Add-on Services

ColdFusion 2016 Application Server

The services that don't appear in the services list on the server with the issue (but are part of my successful install on the other server):

ColdFusion 2016 ODBC Agent

ColdFusion 2016 ODBC Server

Does anyone out there recognize this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Have you tried the options listed in this article? - Troubleshooting ColdFusion Admin Login Issue — Adobe ColdFusion Blog

This happened a few times in CF 11 and usually resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frank,

Could you please try changing the password from "passwordreset.bat" file and check?

Path: C:\ColdFusion2016\cfusion\bin

You will have to restart the ColdFusion services after changing the password. The ODBC services will automatically register once you successfully login to the admin console.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set the password through passwordreset.bat and still get the "Invalid Password. Please try again." message. I rebooted to make sure all services restarted and was still unsuccessful.  The password on this server matches the one I set on the server on which I have the successful installation.

Is there anything in Server 2012 that would keep the login to the admin console from working by chance?  Or do you have any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the options listed in this article? - Troubleshooting ColdFusion Admin Login Issue — Adobe ColdFusion Blog

This happened a few times in CF 11 and usually resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks haxtbh!  The browser settings need to be adjusted on the server.  That was it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with my CF 2016 install. What browser setting did you change to get it working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just discovered that changing the URL from "127.0.0.1" to "localhost" did the trick. It may not work for everyone but it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation