Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues adding multiple PDF Service managers in Cold Fusion 11

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am attempting on adding an additonal PDF Service manager in order to spread the load between two, but when I click "Add PDF Service Manager" I receive the following message:

• Error adding PDF Service Manager. Please ensure that you have entered a correct PDF Service hostname and port.
    Check logs for more details

The current Service manager has the default port with localhost for the "Host Name"

The new one I am attempting to create also has the local host for hostname and I have tried a few ports around the default as well as some in the 5000-7000 range and still getting the same issue.

These are found in the coldfusion-out log:

"Error adding PDF Service Manager. Please ensure that you have entered a correct PDF Service hostname and port."

"coldfusion.document.DocumentServiceImpl$LocalServiceManagerException: You are not allowed to add Local service manager."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you mean you have added yet another installation of the CF Add-on Service (PDF service) to the same machine on which you already have CF and the existing CF Add-on service, right? And that new one is it own service listening on its own port, right? And you are NOT interested in running that other Add-on service on yet another machine, right?

Assuming the above to be true, it seems then you're running into a limitation in the CF Admin about adding MORE THAN ONE PDF service that run on the localhost machine.  Here are some workarounds that may work:

• what if instead of using localhost for the second one, you used 127.0.0.1? Perhaps the tool is very specific to the word localhost.
  • Or if that still fails, use the machine's current IP address?
  • Or the machine name?
  • Or if none of that worked you could setup a hosts file on the CF machine, to have that map some new name to the 127.0.0.1 ip address.

Any of these may get you around that limitation. Let us know how it goes. And either way, I was going to say you should file a bug report with these details at tracker.adobe.com, pointing to this thread, especially if one (or none) of the solutions worked, to help others (and Adobe) on reading the bug report to consider or know you've already considered these things.

But then I noticed you are on CF11, which is no longer supported (since April 2019). They would tell you to try it on CF2016 or 2018, but you could ask them (or other readers there, or here) to try this on those versions, in case somehow they act differently. I am inclined to think that they do not. and I'm afraid I've allocated all the time I could offer, for now, on this post, so can't try to test things out for your. If you write to say that you can't or won't, and no one else steps up, I may have time the next time I read this to try it for you.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation