• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with 2016 Update 14 - Error after accessing ColdFusion Administrator using the connector port

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues with 2016 Update 14. I am not sure if it has something to do with the ISAPI redirect. I know in the past updates we had issues with accessing the ColdFusion Administrator using their connector port using ISS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, first, after applying the update, anyone using IIS or Apache with CF MUST (MUST MUST) upgrade the CF web server connector. I show how to do that here: 

https://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2019/11/13/when_how_update_cf_web_connector

That may be all you need.

But you refer to the CF Admin, and since CF2016, you cannot access the CF Admin using IIS or Apache by default, so when you say you are having trouble accessing the CF Admin, have you tried using the built-in web server port instead, like 8500? I could discuss how to find what port it listens on, but let's hear if the above gets you going.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Charlie, I am workig with Kevin and I completely forgot about updating the connectors. I am going to give that a shot and see how it goes. 

Thanks

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Charlie, 

That did the trick, as many times as I have upgraded CF you would think I would remember that process is required. 

VictoryVictory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear all's well, guys. And to be clear, it's never been that you MUST upgrade the connector. More that about have the updates indicated that you SHOULD, but this is the first where you MUST or the sites will break.

I had meant to add that I explain why in a comment in the Adobe blog post about the update, from Tuesday, here:

https://coldfusion.adobe.com/2020/03/coldfusion-2018-release-update-8-coldfusion-2016-release-update...

I will be creating a blog post of my own to make it easier to point to (and for others to point to).

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation