• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Java SE 8u241 Update File

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Adobe be posting the Java SE 8u241 Update File? I usually get it here - https://www.adobe.com/support/coldfusion/downloads.html#additionalThirdPartyInstallers 

TOPICS
Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that they will not. Oracle has recently changed how Java is distributed. But you can get it directly from Oracle, for free.

https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html#JDK8

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, to Kevin: Adobe has always lagged a bit in getting the latest updates posted. Just be patient. 🙂 And if you have a concern about getting it from Oracle's site as Dave suggests, you are not alone, so do keep reading.

As for Dave's comment, well, Dave are you really referring to some change in recent weeks? Or are you referring to the changes announced in 2018 and implemented in early 2019? I'm suspecting that's the case. If so, that did indeed influence Adobe now posting the JVM downloads on the CF downloads page (that Kevin links yo above), but it does not really influence the timing of their posting them. I suspect it's simply an issue of the processes they must follow (to make a change) are making it so that updates can't be done immediately. (It could of course be someone dropping the ball, but it usually doesn't take long before folks get to them to get it corrected.)

I will add finally that there are folks out there who are reluctant to get the downloads from the Oracle site, either because they must now login to ge them (that is indeed a change implemented by Oracle in early 2019), or because they have been led to believe that somehow it's "wrong" to get them from Oracle and that they MUST wait for them to be available from Adobe--claiming that there is some licensing difference.

I will just add that I have looked at the binaries of the installers, at the Oracle and Adobe sites, and have always found them to be identical. So while I understand people having a concern, I would note that since the EULA you agree to is offered at the start of the installer, if the installer binaries are identical on both sites, I can't see how there would be any difference in WHERE you got the installer. But of course, "I am not a lawyer".

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I was talking about the 2018-2019 changes. In Java terms, that's pretty recent! I didn't even know that you could download JVM updates from Adobe, and since they're still available on Oracle I'll probably just continue downloading them from there.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Today, I saw it the versions 1.8.241 and 11.0.6 were made available by Adobe on said site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation