• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Java Update JAVA SE 8u231 JRE Windows

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to get the jre-8u231-windows-x64.exe file to update the Java 1.8.0_u221 on my CF servers but I am not seeing it anywhere on this page. Anyone thoughts? 

https://www.adobe.com/support/coldfusion/downloads.html#additionalThirdPartyInstallers

TOPICS
Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scroll down to JAVA SE 8, look in the table below on the left, near the bottom. 

jdk-8u231-windows-x64.exe (Size 215.23 MB)

Is that what you are looking for?

NM.. didn't see the jre, not jdk..

UPDATE:  Just noticed that jre is on the right side of the table.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I wanted to see if they have the .exe file instead of me having to unzip the .tar.gz file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird I extracted the .tar.gz file and it was a jdk folder and nor the jre.exe file ... Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's bizarre.  Only thing I can think of is look for a "Contact Us" link on the Oracle page and report it.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, even oracle doesn't offer an exe for the server jre. See https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/server-jre8-downloads-2133154.html.

Kevin, I realize you may have a simple preference for the server jre. Perhaps it's "what you've always used".

But to be clear, you can use the jdk. It's been offered and supported by (even often recommended by) Adobe. So if you have some feeling that it's "not what you should be using, I hope the above may help. If not, let us know why you'd avoid it--especially as it solves this problem for you. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Charlie,

Thanks for the feedback. When I update Java in the CF servers I just had a better experience using the jre files because it automatically replaces the java that is currently installed when you run the installer. Also JDK was not needed in order for our app to work so I have never installed it. I am unfamiliar with installing the jdk files in the CF servers. Can you point me to the right direction on how to manully install it over JRE that is currently installed?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin_FSU,

To manually install the JDK8u231 for use with ColdFusion, follow these steps:

1) Download the JDK8u231 executable from any of the links provided in this thread;

2) Launch the file and install it, accepting the defaults. The JDK will then be installed to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_231;

3) Verify that the JRE folder is located at C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_231\jre;

4) Open, in your particular server environment, the folder located at {COLDFUSION_INSTALLATION_DIRECTORY}\{INSTANCENAME}\bin (for example, in my case, this path is C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\bin);

5) Make a back-up copy of the file jvm.config, say, jvm.configBACKUP. 

6) Within the file, use the symbol # to comment out the line that defines the variable java.home. Define in the next line a new java.home variable, giving it the value of the path to the JRE folder in step 3). For example, in my case, these changes are:    

# java.home=C:\\ColdFusion11\\jre
java.home=C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.8.0_231\\jre

Leave the rest of the file's content intact, and save the file as jvm.config in the same bin directory [as in step 4)];

7) Restart the ColdFusion instance (as a Windows service). The instance should automatically run on JRE version 1.8.0_231.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Note the correction C:\\ColdFusion2018\\jre C:\\ColdFusion11\\jre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, you should download and install the JDK for Java 8U231. The JDK contains the JRE.

The download links are:

for 32 Bit: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/coldfusion/java/java8/JDK8u231/jdk-8u231-windows-i586.exe

for 64 Bit: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/coldfusion/java/java8/JDK8u231/jdk-8u231-windows-x64.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation