Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JDBC connection error

Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a DSN in ColdFusion Standard v11 server using Sybase jConnect 6.05 JDBC driver connecting to a Sybase SQL AnyWhere 12 Server (running on another server machine). ColdFusion has been installed on a brand new Windows 2012 (Standard) Server and uses IIS 8 for the web server.

I have done everything mentioned on this page (of course, the driver class and other details have been modified) ColdFusion MX: Configuring the Sybase jConnect 5.5 driver

When I try to verify the connection in CF Administrator, it throws the following error:

Connection verification failed for data source: ars_jdbc

java.sql.SQLException: The method com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybDatabaseMetaData.getJDBCMajorVersion() has not been completed and should not be called.

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: The method com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybDatabaseMetaData.getJDBCMajorVersion() has not been completed and should not be called.

I know that, all the connection parameters are correct because I have been able to create a DSN on another CF instance (CF 9) to the same database that I am trying to create a DSN for from CF 11. Please guide me in the right direction to fix the problem.

Thanks.

Milind

TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Thank you Carl Von Stetten and BKBK for your help.

Just a day ago, I was able fix the connection error. I downloaded the newer version of the JDBC driver (7.0.7) and the DSN was able to connect to the database.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the same driver version (6.05) on the CF9 server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same driver version (6.05).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be that Sybase jConnect 6.05 is suitable for the Java version of Coldfusion 9 (v1.6), but not for that of Coldfusion 11 (v1.7).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Carl Von Stetten and BKBK for your help.

Just a day ago, I was able fix the connection error. I downloaded the newer version of the JDBC driver (7.0.7) and the DSN was able to connect to the database.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation