• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Known causes for concurrent request limits in CF 9?

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am looking into a concurrent requests issue that has just recently come to my attention with ColdFusion 9. It appears that ColdFusion can only process 12 requests at the same time using windows launched from one browser (IE 11) from one client computer. I launch 30 instances of a page that writes a file then sleeps for 30 seconds. I notice that 12 files are written at once, then more come in waves after the sleeps are complete. This is with ColdFusion 9 set to run a max of 50 requests, no limits on requests for IIS, and no limits on requests for the browser. After some searching, I read that request queuing can be caused by memory management or the aforementioned setting. With this, I have a few questions:

• Is this a known limitation on ColdFusion? If so:
  • Is memory or processor power the limiter?
  • Are there any other ColdFusion or IIS settings that be tweaked to increase the number of requests?
  • Is there a “per client” limiter in place?
  • Would using ColdFusion 11 remedy this?
  • Would using an enterprise vs a standard license remedy this?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using cfthread to do this then you will have restrictions when using CF Standard edition. There is a limit to the amount of threads it will execute at one time. The result can depend on your code as well. Do you have an example of the code you are using to test this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not using cfthread for this. The test script I am running goes as follows, each with a random different url parameter. 30 instances are opened quickly and sequentially with javascript with window.open:

<cfparam name="randomToken" default="">

<cfset foo = GetTickCount()>

<cffile action="write" file="#randomToken#.txt" output="#foo#">

<cfset Sleep(20000)>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The sleep() function is just short hand for cfthread with the sleep action. I believe it still has the same restrictions when using standard version.

The easiest way to check this is to run your code using the development edition. This allows you to test locally with all the features of Enterprise. If you see a difference in result then your problem is the restriction caused by standard edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation