• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Limit to formatted cells in Excel?

Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm generating a normal spreadsheet file and formatting a couple of columns with SpreadsheetFormatColumn, to give them a particular date format. If I open the file through OpenOffice, everything works perfectly. However, if I open it through Excel, any cell in the formatted column past the 32nd row does not display the proper format (Cell is displayed as "general") and I need to do it manually.

What could be causing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't indicate which version of ColdFusion you are using.  ColdFusion 10 is better than 9, but I don't think either version is correctly formatting dates.

Ben Nadal's POI Utility does a better job of exporting and retaining the date format (and it's faster & generates smaller Excel files).

https://github.com/bennadel/POIUtility.cfc

I wrote a UDF to export queries using Ben's library. It will detect & properly format dates more reliably than CFSpreadsheet.

http://gamesover2600.tumblr.com/post/116662989199/coldfusion-cfexcelpoi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm currently running 9, but you are correct, I ran the test on 10 and it did not properly work either.

Thanks for the utilities, I'll give it a shot and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation