• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for new hosting suggestions.

Contributor ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So CF 2016 just came out. I've been with Hosting.com for many years now and in the beginning their support was great. The last few years not so much. So I am on the hunt to get quotes for my next VPS. Looking for suggestions. I have seen the possible Amazon stuff but don't know much about how that works.
I pay around $550 per month for a VPS that is...

4vCPU

180GB HDD with daily backups

8GB RAM

(software is all their licenses)

Windows Server 2008 Datacenter

ColdFusion9 Enterprise

MS SQL Web Edition

Cloud Firewall (which is currently broken)

Looking for something comparable or lower in price and of course great 24/7/365 service.

Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Hostek.com is fantastic.  Top notch support, friendly staff, 99.9% uptime, speedy connections.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hostek.com is fantastic.  Top notch support, friendly staff, 99.9% uptime, speedy connections.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that. I was looking at their offerings and they are about 1/3 the price of Hosting.com and their responses to my emails so far have been good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not surprising.  I was looking around for a decent hosting service about six months ago, and I've heard nothing but good things about Hostek.  The process for getting an account up and running is very simple, and they do have people there who can walk you through anything that you don't fully understand.  AAA+++ in my book.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto. Hostek.com is top notch. Great service, support, price. I use them for both shared hosting and VPS. A+++

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear you are enjoying our service! Nothing beats a word of mouth referral

Chris Gentry

http://hostek.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to follow up. I did indeed pickup one of Hostek's VPS accounts and overall am very satisfied and would highly recommend them. I plan to move my other two VPS machines from Hosting.com over to Hostek. My only complaint (pretty minor) is I like to be able to set sites up manually from the RDP but with Hostek and ColdFusion you kind of are highly encouraged to use their WCP which I find I lke less than just using IIS straight. Other than that so far very happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear you're happy with our service!

You do have the option to add/setup your sites manually directly via RDP via IIS and ColdFusion however there are many specific permissions that you need to manually add for each domain directly on the server as well as within IIS and ColdFusion individually. This is why we recommend our WCP control panel for adding domains, when adding a domain using our control panel all of the correct permissions are set automatically leaving you without needing to worry if a permission was missed or receiving a permissions error in the future and requiring troubleshooting. We have specifically designed our WCP control panel to eliminate the hassle of manually adjusting settings on the server and allow a domain to be added with a few key strokes and clicks of the mouse.

I hope the explanation helps! We sincerely appreciate your business.

Chris Gentry

http://hostek.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation