• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OSX 10.9.4 coldfusion 11 standalone server ERROR: HTTP Status 500 - java.lang.NullPointerException

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I have installed the cold fusion server.

at first with mac server, apache..... but after install cold fusion and want to go to the admin page:

HTTP Status 500 - java.lang.NullPointerException

I deinstalled the server from mac and cold fusion..

after a fresh install of coldfusion 11 and use the build in server..

the same error..

does anybody knows the problems?

I Use Java 7 Update 67

A friend of me have installed it .. it runs

greetings thorsten

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please share the error log, it seems like you have to add the machine name in hosts file. However if you can share the error log that will give more information to resolve this.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi this is my cold fusion Error LOG

java.lang.NullPointerException

at coldfusion.CfmServlet.init(CfmServlet.java:97)

at coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:121)

at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.init(BootstrapServlet.java:59)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1279)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1192)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:864)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:134)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:170)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:422)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1040)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:313)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Sep 16, 2014 8:30:59 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

INFO: failed to load: coldfusion.CfmServlet

Sep 16, 2014 8:30:59 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke

SEVERE: Allocate exception for servlet CfmServlet

java.lang.NullPointerException

at coldfusion.CfmServlet.init(CfmServlet.java:97)

at coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:121)

at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.init(BootstrapServlet.java:59)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1279)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1192)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:864)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:134)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:170)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:422)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1040)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:313)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTTP Status 500 - java.lang.NullPointerException

type Exception report

message java.lang.NullPointerException

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NullPointerException coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:129) coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.init(BootstrapServlet.java:59) org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501) org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98) org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:422) org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1040) org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607) org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:313) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) 

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException coldfusion.CfmServlet.init(CfmServlet.java:97) coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:121) coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.init(BootstrapServlet.java:59) org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501) org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98) org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:422) org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1040) org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607) org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:313) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) 

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/7.0.52 logs.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.52

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But where is the tomcat log file ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

senkel,

Can you try to point CF to the default Java, and see if it starts up.

You can edit the jvm.config file at <cf_root>/cfusion/bin and point the java.home setting to the default location at <cf_root>/cfusion/jre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hinayak

in my cold fusion folders are not a jre folder..

i unzip now ire.zip and copy the folder in cold fusion..

but now :

The ColdFusion 11 server is starting up and will be available shortly.

There has been an error starting ColdFusion 11 server, please check the logs.

i can't find something in the logs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deinstall the server and install new..

all folders are now there ...

and the java path:

java.home=../../jre/Contents/Home/jre

but the server won't start again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think with the default installation "<cf_root>/jre/Contents/Home/jre" exists. There should be no "jre" in "Home" . Can you check if that directory physically exists there.

The path should be set to "../../jre/Contents/Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please send an email at cf.install@adobe.com

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly same issue. What is the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Couple of our team members blogged about a resolution for this issue. I am attaching the same here:

http://blogs.coldfusion.com/post.cfm/coldfusion-server-starting-with-unable-to-initialise-service-ex...

http://blog.immanuelnoel.com/2014/06/06/fixing-the-null-pointer-exception-on-coldfusion

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Priyatharsini

Adobe ColdFusion Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These two solutions don't work for me. My situation is right after install the coldfusion, the localhost server works fine. But when I reboot the computer next day, the server show up the the NullPointerException.  What I found saying that the coldfusion server is start right the way when boot the computer, but the Tomcat is not. So my solution is

1. Delay coldfusion server  at the startup item of mac.

or

2. Restart coldfusion server every time after reboot computer.

Mac Temrminal:

./Coldfusion restart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Can you please let us know the following information:

1. Any Web Server is configured with CF? If yes Web Server details with exact version.

2. Please attach the logs.

Thanks,

Priyatharsini

Adobe ColdFusion Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation