Highlighted

macromedia.jdbc.MacromediaDriver$InvalidLicenseException

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have ColdFusion2016 Enterprise, originally installed in trial mode but now licensed.

Its running Microsoft SQL server data sources no problem.

I tested a JDBC data source against Microsoft SQL Server database no problem.

But when I installed Seefusion 5 and tried to use their JDBC wrapper I get an error where the data source will not connect.

Here is the stack trace below;

A non-SQL error occurred while requesting a connection from test.

Timed out trying to establish connection

Dec 01, 2017 11:40:16 AM com.seefusion.Driver connect

WARNING: Unable to connect

macromedia.jdbc.MacromediaDriver$InvalidLicenseException: Use of Adobe JDBC Drivers is restricted. Drivers can only be used with Adobe server products. Please check that your license supports the requested driver.

    at macromedia.jdbc.MacromediaDriver.unlock(Unknown Source)

    at macromedia.jdbc.MacromediaDriver.connect(Unknown Source)

    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

    at com.seefusion.Driver.connect(Driver.java:208)

    at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.pool.JDBCPool.createPhysicalConnection(JDBCPool.java:644)

    at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.pool.ConnectionRunner$RunnableConnection.run(ConnectionRunner.java:67)

    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

A non-SQL error occurred while requesting a connection from test.

Timed out trying to establish connection

And here is the JDBC URL with credentials removed.

jdbc:seefusion:jdbcwrapper:{jdbc:macromedia:sqlserver://xx.xxx.xxx.x:1433; databaseName=xxxxxxxx; SelectMethod=direct; sendStringParametersAsUnicode=false; MaxPooledStatements=1000}; 

I have had a reply from Matt Stevanus at Seefusion Support with a recommended fix which worked.

I believe the issue you're having is the order in which the jar files are loaded into memory.  Try moving the macromedia_drivers.jar file from {cfHome}/cfusion/lib to {cfHome}/cfusion/runtime/lib (the same directory as the seefusion.jar file).  Don't copy it, move it.

Views

363

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

macromedia.jdbc.MacromediaDriver$InvalidLicenseException

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have ColdFusion2016 Enterprise, originally installed in trial mode but now licensed.

Its running Microsoft SQL server data sources no problem.

I tested a JDBC data source against Microsoft SQL Server database no problem.

But when I installed Seefusion 5 and tried to use their JDBC wrapper I get an error where the data source will not connect.

Here is the stack trace below;

A non-SQL error occurred while requesting a connection from test.

Timed out trying to establish connection

Dec 01, 2017 11:40:16 AM com.seefusion.Driver connect

WARNING: Unable to connect

macromedia.jdbc.MacromediaDriver$InvalidLicenseException: Use of Adobe JDBC Drivers is restricted. Drivers can only be used with Adobe server products. Please check that your license supports the requested driver.

    at macromedia.jdbc.MacromediaDriver.unlock(Unknown Source)

    at macromedia.jdbc.MacromediaDriver.connect(Unknown Source)

    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

    at com.seefusion.Driver.connect(Driver.java:208)

    at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.pool.JDBCPool.createPhysicalConnection(JDBCPool.java:644)

    at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.pool.ConnectionRunner$RunnableConnection.run(ConnectionRunner.java:67)

    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

A non-SQL error occurred while requesting a connection from test.

Timed out trying to establish connection

And here is the JDBC URL with credentials removed.

jdbc:seefusion:jdbcwrapper:{jdbc:macromedia:sqlserver://xx.xxx.xxx.x:1433; databaseName=xxxxxxxx; SelectMethod=direct; sendStringParametersAsUnicode=false; MaxPooledStatements=1000}; 

I have had a reply from Matt Stevanus at Seefusion Support with a recommended fix which worked.

I believe the issue you're having is the order in which the jar files are loaded into memory.  Try moving the macromedia_drivers.jar file from {cfHome}/cfusion/lib to {cfHome}/cfusion/runtime/lib (the same directory as the seefusion.jar file).  Don't copy it, move it.

Views

364

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 01, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a reply from Matt Stevanus at Seefusion Support with a recommended fix which worked.

I believe the issue you're having is the order in which the jar files are loaded into memory.  Try moving the macromedia_drivers.jar file from {cfHome}/cfusion/lib to {cfHome}/cfusion/runtime/lib (the same directory as the seefusion.jar file).  Don't copy it, move it.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Dec 01, 2017 2