• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maddening problem with session variables being lost

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an application that makes use of some session variables to preserve and check login information; not an uncommon technique.  I have recently instantiated a test server in the cloud using ColdFusion 11 and IIS 8.0. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate with IE 11 installed.  My colleague has a laptop running Windows 8.1 and whatever version of IE that is installed with that operating system ( I will verify version and update later).

I am able to access and use the application without problem over the open internet, but my colleague can login, go to the main menu, but once he selects a template for any activity (This is where the login status is checked) he is redirected to the login page because the session variables that were previously set for him no longer exist.

I had a similar problem on my computer about 2 months ago.  I researched it and found advice to clear out cookies and temporary internet files in my browser.  This fixed my problem.

The problem is that the solution that worked for me is NOT WORKING on this machine.  I can no longer even find the advice I followed earlier through google and forum searches.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you look at the cookie setting for his browser to make sure he has it set to receive cookies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course. Sorry I didn't mention that, but yeah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation