Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mail not sending from Coldfusion

Engaged ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I recently upgraded from CF8 to CF11 and now CF11 does not seem to be able to send emails.

In CFAdmin, I entered the mail server and settings to the point where, when I Verify Mail Server Connection I get a success message, "Connection Verification Successful", but no email gets sent.

When i view the Log files for Mail in CF I see this error repeatedly:

avax.mail.MessagingException: Could not convert socket to TLS; nested exception is: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Has anyone else encountered this error? I can post plenty of additional detail if needed, both from the CF server and the Exchange server, if needed.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Thanks for your input, turns out it was a loopback setting that needed to be turned off in the registry. Emails' a flowin' once again.

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Does the CF11 server have the same TCP as CF8 had? If not perhaps an Exchange relay deny issue?

Mention of TLS in the error makes me think perhaps your using a secure connection? If so CF8 Java may have had a SSL certificate added to the keystore. CF11 Java environment may not have the SSL present in it's keystore.

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input, turns out it was a loopback setting that needed to be turned off in the registry. Emails' a flowin' once again.

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2014 Aug 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad for you it works. Please kindly mark your post as the 'correct' answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Rich!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation