• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrating ColdFusion Language Forms to SharePoint

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, new sharepoint user here. How do I migrate the forms created in coldfusion programming language to SharePoint? What do I need to be able to do this?  Also, set up the datasource to use MS Access.  Any feedback would be appreciated!  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm afraid you may be "barking up the wrong tree" about migration of CF forms to sharepoint. You will find no tools to help with such a migration. It seems you will just need to get a sharepoint developer in and have them look at the CF forms and create them in sharepoint. (I have no specific experience with the process, but am sharing this as an observer of CF and this CF community for over 20 years. Perhaps someone else with specific experience may offer something otherwise.)

Fortunately, mostly such "CF forms" will really be HTML forms (perhaps with CFML helping build the HTML), so you may not even need someone with CF experience to figure out what they were doing. Or the CFML should be easy enough that most any developer could figure it out.

But insofar as automated tools, I'm pretty sure you will be out of luck.

One last thing someone may want to point out: CF does indeed offer sharepoint integration (in the form of the cfsharepoint tag and other tags/functions), so that you could instead perform integration WITH sharepoint from CF. But I gather you are wanting to migrate OFF of CF and TO sharepoint, so that may not interest you (for now).

Oh, and you asked about setting up a datasource to use access. Do you mean in the CF Admin? Even though you are moving things off of CF? To be clear, use of Access (in CF) has been discouraged for decades. People will want to make sure you seriously consider whether you really want to enable it. But assuming you do, what problem have you had? What diagnostic steps or resources have you considered?

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation