Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

migration ColdFusion 8 to 11

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have an application running using ColdFusion 8,0,0 and are planni gto upgrade to ether ColdFusoin 10 or ColdFuson 11.I am less familiar with both vesions (10/11) so I wonder:

Are there any compatibility issues (e.g. deprecated tags / functions) when moving from CF 8 to CF 11?

Is ColdFusion 11 mature enough to migrate to from CF8?

And also: what is the lifcycle of CF 11 vs CF 10?

Any tips / pointers are welcome!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm personally not aware of anything breaking moving from CF 8 to CF 10/11 (but you'd have to test your application to be sure).  You can no longer purchase CF 10 directly, but you can purchase CF 11 and request a downgrade serial number to run CF 10 if you choose.  Since there hasn't even been a single update released to fix bugs in CF 11, I would be very hesitant to deploy a production application on it.  CF 10 has been pretty stable for me, at least with all the available updates installed.

As for the lifecycle (I'm assuming you mean support), you can find that information here: https://www.adobe.com/support/products/enterprise/eol/eol_matrix.html#63.  The core support for CF 10 runs through the middle of May 2017, with extended support ending mid-May 2019.  For CF 11, core support runs through the end of April 2019 and extended support through the end of April 2021.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We encountered a few minor compatibility issues between CF8 and CF10, but most were related to more complex/non-standard tag use within the applications. Like in our apps we prefer to control the client side cookie storage using CFHEADER and by default, CFHEADER blocks CFID and CFTOKEN as variable names. I vaguely remember one other issue that was simple to fix but I can't remember off the top of my head. Between CF10 and CF11 we have not encountered any compatibility issues. The speed and security improvements are worth the upgrade. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also check product comparison between CF10 & CF11 to leverage its feature for your application requirement:-

Buying guide | Adobe ColdFusion 11 Enterprise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We have don migration CF8->CF10 last year and some modification where needed (I can't remember exactly).

For 10->11 the following have to be consider: Changes in ColdFusion - ColdFusion English Documentation - Adobe Learning Resources

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation