• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migration from ColdFusion 10 to 2016 causing web service and scheduler issue

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have migrated one of my service from ColdFusion 10 to 2016.

Post that I noticed two issues

1) Scheduled tasks are not running : Log shows Task default.abc misfired.

2) Another system calling my webservice is not able to execute it

The webservice looks like https://www.abc.com/testInterface/webservices/testImporter.cfc

And error is

PROD Error message: failed to export item fgsfgs to target WebServive : SOAP request failed (<pushData xmlns="http://webservices.testinterface">

<inputXml>

<testData xmlns="">

some data

</testData>

</inputXml>

</pushData>): SOAP request returned empty result XML: Root element is missing.

Task default.Keyreviewdata misfired.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do the following test to check whether the settings for scheduled tasks and web services were correctly migrated. In ColdFusion 2016 [by which I mean the instance of ColdFusion 2016 that is running your service], back up the files

/cfusion/lib/neo-cron.xml

/cfusion/lib/neo-xmlrpc.xml

for example, by renaming them, respectively, to

/cfusion/lib/neo-cron.bak

/cfusion/lib/neo-xmlrpc.bak

Then copy the files

/cfusion/lib/neo-cron.xml

/cfusion/lib/neo-xmlrpc.xml

from the ColdFusion 10 installation to the same location in the ColdFusion 2016 installation.

Restart ColdFusion 2016. Are the scheduled task and web service now working as expected? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll just chime in to say that's risky: there's no guarantee that the neo xml files from one version of CF can be plunked into another. I understand it MAY work here, and could be better than nothing, but the warning should be offered. (Good on you for recommending to save the current ones, of course.) 🙂

That said, Ajo, I realize your second problem remains. Have you compared the web services page in the cf admin between 10 and 2016? You may have the ws version value differing. (Of course, if you set it in the cf, that overrides the admin setting.) In that case, any info in the cf logs when the call to it fails?

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation