• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migration from ColdFusion 11 to ColdFusion 2018 fails to migrate 'runtime'

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the titles states, when I attempt to run the migration wizard, it fails to migrate the runtime portion of CF 11. 

I'm following the CF 2018 Migration .pdf provided by Adobe and have performed the pre-install step of shutting down the CF 11 Application server process before installing. I want to note that there are also several other services related to CF11 that I also shut down. (.NET, Add-on, ODBC agent and ODBC server) Should these stay running to assist with the migration? The guide was vague.

I am running a self-contained server installation, production profile. Default options throughout the installer process.

Here is the output from migration.log within the CF2018 \cfusion\logs\

"Severity","ThreadID","Date","Time","Application","Message"
"Information","http-nio-8500-exec-4","03/30/20","10:13:50","","C:\ColdFusion2018\cfusion\logs\migration.log initialized"
"Information","http-nio-8500-exec-4","03/30/20","10:13:50","CFADMIN"," Note: Value for Max Pooled Statements is set to 100 for following drivers - DB2, Informix, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL (DataDirect), Sybase. "
"Error","http-nio-8500-exec-4","03/30/20","10:13:52","CFADMIN","Could not import your ColdFusion Runtime settings. - String index out of range: -1"
"Information","http-nio-8500-exec-4","03/30/20","10:13:52","CFADMIN","Global Script Protection is set to true for secure profile."

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this error isn't stopping you from doing the migration. So, I'd just go over both CF Admin interfaces and see what's different.

You don't need the additional services to be running as part of the migration, unless you actually use them in your current site.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea what that error is referring to? I'd be a lot more confident if I could get the whole thing migrated cleanly. 

Here is where I was last week before I reverted to a snapshot I took before attempting the migration:

Prior to this particualar attempt (3/30) I went ahead without runtime migrating over and performed the manual migrations processes. I was able to clear MySQL 5 Errors for all Data sources in the CF 2018 panel by first adding the mysql connector into the correct directory for CF 2018, then cleared another error about timezone settings on the DB server being set as EDT. 

Once I was able to get past the MySQL stuff, I had to tackle the jakarta virtual directory problem.

"

Service Temporary Unavailable!

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Jakarta/ISAPI/isapi_redirector/1.2.37"

In my CF 2018 directory \config\ was missing the \wsconfig\1\ path that we used to use in CF 11. I created these directories and created the necessary isapi files it needed based on guides and what the previous CF 11 install had. After re-pointing the virtual directories for the sites, I restarted IIS and the sites all just throw a 500 error. 

That's where I'm at now. I'll continue to compare CF11 to CF2018 installs and IIS configurations on CF11 vs CF2018, however any tips or things I should consider for this migration would be greatly appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I have no idea what it refers to. You might be able to take a good guess by looking at the Settings page in your CF Administrator and seeing what's before Global Script Protection. But honestly, you'd be better off just comparing the screens in my opinion. You might see that the error is inconsequential - for example, it might have problems migrating a default value but you still have the default value set in both the old and the new installs.

I'm pretty sure that web server configurations aren't migrated, so my expectation there is that you'd have to uninstall the old ones and install the new ones yourself. I could be wrong about that, and I'm sure someone will come along to correct me if so.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation