• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Minor emergency - cannot access CFAdmin after update 20 (CFServer 10)

LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all.

I have a CF server that is isolated from the internet, so as you can imagine, it doesn't get updated often.

Soooo... I downloaded the CF10 Mandatory update jar file, and the CF10 Update 20 jar file, copied them over to my server (Windows 2008), and then dropped to an elevated command prompt, and ran the jar files, Mandatory first, restart, then Update 20, restart.

Now, when I try to access CFAdmin, I get an error message: File not found - {drive}:\www\Coldfusion\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\Administrator\cftags\inputfilter.cfm

We don't have our webdocs in the same folder as the CFIDE.  So I'm pretty sure this can be fixed by editing an xml file, but I don't know which one(s) or what all to change.

Our webdocs are in {drive}:\Webdocs\

Our CFIDE is in {drive}:\www\Coldfusion\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\

How can I fix this?

V/r,

^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Thank you, senchaworld and ImmanuelNoel.  I did actually manage to correct the issue, and I was _EXTREMELY_ fortunate in how it was done.

As it turns out, if you place your CFIDE in another location from your webroot, you really, really, REALLY should NOT NOT NOT NOT EVER apply updates using the .jar files from a command prompt.  Never, never, never, never, ever.    You should use the CF10+ "Server Updates" within the CFAdmin, and here's why:  When using CFAdmin to apply the updates, then the ins

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@WolfShade

Could you please clarify a couple of questions.

- Is ColdFusion 10 configured with a connector?

- If yes, would that be IIS or Apache?

- If no, is the ColdFusion webroot changed manually?

Could you also check if there were update installation errors?

Log files: ColdFusion10\cfusion\hf-updates\<Update Build>\<Update Version>_Install_<Timestamp>.log

You can include the files here if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, senchaworld and ImmanuelNoel.  I did actually manage to correct the issue, and I was _EXTREMELY_ fortunate in how it was done.

As it turns out, if you place your CFIDE in another location from your webroot, you really, really, REALLY should NOT NOT NOT NOT EVER apply updates using the .jar files from a command prompt.  Never, never, never, never, ever.    You should use the CF10+ "Server Updates" within the CFAdmin, and here's why:  When using CFAdmin to apply the updates, then the instance of CF is doing the updating and knows where everything is, as opposed to just the .jar file, which does not have access to the locations of where everything is and uses defaults for everything.

MY UNBELIEVABLE LUCK:  I did some looking around, and noticed that in my {drive}:\{cf_install}\ folder was a folder called CFIDE that had today's (yesterday's) date, and a folder called CFIDE.old that had the original install date as the date for the folder.  Apparently, the .jar files renamed my original CFIDE to CFIDE.old, and then uploaded the updated files into (the at-that-time-uncreated) CFIDE folder.

MY SOLUTION:  I made a copy of CFIDE.old, renamed CFIDE to CFIDE.new, renamed CFIDE.old to CFIDE, and copied the contents of CFIDE.new into CFIDE.  I restarted the service, and WHOOMP, THERE IT IS!!! I logged on and checked the Server Updates for the current patch level, and it showed that Update 20 was successfully applied.

HUGE RELIEF!!! 

I would have mentioned this, yesterday, but was so relieved that my CF wasn't hosed that I just melted into the carpet, and liquid fingers don't type very well. 

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation