• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing License

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The small Australian organisation I consult for has a problem. The CF application I created for them some 8 or 9 years ago and which they have been happily using ever since, seems to have reverted to the developer version thus restricting them to a single workstation for the application when they need 3 or 4. We originally purchased CF8 and in 2018 moved to CF9 but we have no idea what our CF serial number is and therefore can't correct the situation. I have spent a fair amout of time trying to figure out how this situation arose without finding an answer.

How can we find out what our serial number is?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Thank you all for your inputs. We are sort of stuck with CF9 as the company doesn't want to invest any more at the moment. I'll take BKBK's advice and contact the CF team.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember how it was in older versions. But in recent ColdFusion versions you can find the serial number in the file {CF_DIRECTORY}/cfusion/lib/license.properties. The serial number is the value of the sn property.

If you still face any issues with this, then Adobe's ColdFusion team will be able to help. You can mail them: cfinstal|at|adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF 8 and 9 are really old. You should really be using an up-to-date version. But if you purchased them from a larger Adobe reseller like Carahsoft, you might find that you can actually pull the license numbers directly from Adobe. I honestly don't know how that process works, but I do remember them having a web portal where you could go to retrieve license information.

That said, this might be a good time to switch to an open-source CF implementation like Lucee if you can't afford an update.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your inputs. We are sort of stuck with CF9 as the company doesn't want to invest any more at the moment. I'll take BKBK's advice and contact the CF team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation