• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mod_rewrite on coldfusion 2016 developer edition

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reworking an old coldfusion website.

Running the developer edition on my Win7 desktop, using the tomcat server (by default)

Trying to do some things with mod_rewrite, but can't seem to locate the .htaccess file anywhere...

Where would it be?

Better still.....

Should I reinstall the developer version to use IIS as the webserver to better work with mod_rewrite?

It looks the live the site I'm reworking is actually hosted on IIS, so it might be a better idea to go the reinstall/IIS route?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the site is hosted in IIS then use the URL Rewrite module in IIS. (Requires adding if not already installed). Mod_rewrite is an apache thing. If you develop using .htaccess then it wont work live on IIS.

A .htaccess file needs to be created in the root of the web folder if it doesnt exist. It usually isnt their by default. A quick google of how to create a .htaccess file will give you what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it. I wasn't able to find where any of the coldfusion server files were located, adding to my confusion I suppose.

I'll switch over to my Win10 PC and do an IIS install and do the coldfusion developer install over there and continue.

THANKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation