• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modifying neo-datasource file to change datasource IP to a similar SQL server...

Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I modify the file to point a data source database to a similar SQL server hosting a copy of the same database, can this work without breaking CF?

CF version: 9 standard.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From experience it doesn't cause any major issues. I would recommend just using the CF admin if you are only doing 1 or 2, although I have done a bulk find and replace in the neo-datasource to quickly change the source of a SQL database. Username and passwords stayed the same during the temp migration so it all worked out but I would say you may have trouble with changing passwords as they are obfuscated.

Just remember, back it up first before you change it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have done it before? While googling the issue someone said something like an encryption issue but I guess that might be because of that password issue.

I'm unable to access the admin page as it keeps showing up as a blank page. I just need to do 1 change (just the ip address) to point it to a copy of the same database in a new SQL server. 'll definitely backup any files that would be changed.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done this multiple times on almost every setting except for the password.  Never had any problems.  Just be sure you're Find/Replacing the correct items.  Make a backup of the original file.  Once done, restart CF and you should be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 11, 2015 Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah I have done this before. Like I said, just the data source and you should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation