• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving from CF8 and Flex to CF alone

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have experience changing your application from CF8 and Flash/Flex to only CF? If so, how do you replace the Flash/Flex part? Any experiences to share?

TOPICS
Flash integration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

You say little about how you apply Flash or Flex. But, chances are, Coldfusion is at the back-end and Flash/Flex is interacting with it to produce a presentation layer at the front-end. You may therefore replace Flex with any technology that can interact with Coldfusion to produce the front-end. I would recommend powering Coldfusion with jQuery (and its AJAX features).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say little about how you apply Flash or Flex. But, chances are, Coldfusion is at the back-end and Flash/Flex is interacting with it to produce a presentation layer at the front-end. You may therefore replace Flex with any technology that can interact with Coldfusion to produce the front-end. I would recommend powering Coldfusion with jQuery (and its AJAX features).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you BK. It is actually like you say. Coldfusion is the back-end and Flash/Flex is interacting with it through remoting. Flex was used to build an application for the timetable and scheduling of operators who are doing tasks from location to location. The Flex app implements cairngom framework and the events interact with CFCs. I am new in Coldfusion and took over the application but I am hoping I have explained clearly. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2014 Nov 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then, as I said, you could replace Flex with a Javascript library like jQuery. That would take care of the displays and the interaction with ColdFusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation