Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Coldfusion10 instance hangs frequently on in two weeks even without any load

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

More details please.

Is CF10 32 bit or 64 bit?

CF10 instance so that is Enterprise (not Standard)?

Is it the same instance that hangs?

The other instances keep working ok?

Any error or warnings in instance isapi_redirect.log or ColdFusion-out.log?

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have 64bit version of standard and Enterprise edition of CF10 for different sites on different servers and both the versions crashes after a few days.

On the enterprise edition if one instance hangs the other instance keep working fine.

When trying to open the coldfusion10 admin page i get only a white empty screen. Only after restarting the coldfusion instance i will get the coldfusion10 admin login screen.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Karthikeyan,

Is CF10 configured to use Java 6,7 or 8? The RTM CF10 installer installed with Java 6. The refreshed installer uses Java 7. Folks may realise Java 7 is Oracle end of life so might have altered CF10 to use Java 8.

The log file coldfusion-out.log can sometimes be helpful to resolve hangs. Following the times recorded in the log and when you experienced the hang are there any errors warnings? It can be wise to notice log content say 4 hours before the outage.

For Java 6 and 7 Java JVM arguments MaxPermSize=192m can be small tho should be enough

for no load. Ditto for Java 8 MaxMetaspaceSize=192m. What values do your hanging CF10 Standard and Enterprise use?

Still considering Java JVM settings what values do you have for Minimum JVM Heap Size and Maximum JVM Heap Size?

HTH again, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation