Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MySQL/CF DataSource Problem

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2006 Aug 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am running Mac OS X and I am trying to connect MySQL to Coldfusion but every time I am going to create a datasource in coldfusion I get the following error.....

Connection verification failed for data source: MySQL_mysql
java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver available for MySQL_mysql, please check the driver setting in resources file, error: null
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver available for MySQL_mysql, please check the driver setting in resources file, error: null

Just a little background, I have install CF with the multiserver option using JRun4 and I am able to get CF up and running but after placing the connector for MySQL under the /lib folder under JRun4 folder I am not able to connect and I get the error above. Then I tried to place the connector under the /server/lib under JRun4 folder but still the same issue. Also I am running MySQL 5 and I am using the connector for java version 3.1.10, and I also have tried the version 5.0.3.

Can anyone help me please or just point me in the right direction

Thanks
TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2006 Aug 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version of MySQL you're using is fine and with the version of the JDBC driver you're using, it is supported. What I'm wondering is how you're setting up your datasource. If you want to use MySQL 5, you cannot set up a datasource in the CF admin by selecting the "MySQL." choice. You have to use "other".

Make sure the JDBC driver is in {cfusionmx home}/lib. I'm not a Mac user, so I don't know the default install location for ColdFusion. Anyway, once you get the JDBC driver there, restart ColdFusion.

In the administrator, select "other" for your datasource and fill in the following fields as follows:

1. The name of your datasource
2. jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/<database> <-- whatever your database name is
3. Driver class: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
4. Driver name: leave blank
5. Your MySQL database user and password.

I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2006 Aug 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Defuse

Yes I am using other when creatign the datasource and I am using the correct structure for the url and the class drivers, but so far nothing has help. I am runing CF on top of JRun4 and that is where I am confuse as to the /lib where I have to place the connector.

Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, I'm definitely not a Mac user and I've never installed CFMX or JRun on OS X, however I did find this link http://www.adobe.com/support/coldfusion/j2ee/cfmx-mac-onjrunandtomcat.html#installdeployjrun

In there it shows the JRun installation as jrun_root/jrun4/servers/server_name/cfusion or jrun_root/bin/

I know that doesn't help much, but somewhere in one of those two directories will be the lib/ directory you will need. There should be other JARs in the lib/ directory.

Sorry I couldn't help you any more than that. I'm sure that if you place that MySQL driver in the right place your problems will go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to connect to mySQL 5 using the ConnectorJ 5.03 version. I have placed the jar in JRun4/lib. I use the following attributes to connect:
URL: jdbc:mysql://localhost/test
classname: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

You should restart CFMX after placing the jar file in the lib directory. I would use JRun4/lib for the jar to make it available to all server instances. I would also open the cfadmin -> system information link and search for the word 'connector'. Confirm there is only a single connectorJ jar file. Use the 5.03 connector to connect to mySQL5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ksmith

Thank you it work just fine....thanks a lot I can start my projects now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Over ten years later and this post still fixed an issue i was having.....God Bless you adobe forums user Defuse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation