Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New forums: [sigh]

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right.

So the "General Discussion" forum - to which a posting like this belongs - has been closed.  And the NNTP feed has indeed been switched off, so that's it for newsgroup users.  Too bad that some of the newsgroup posters were some of the more helpful people on these forums.

And what do we get in exchange for losing the general discussion forum and the NNTP feed?  Not a great deal, as far as I can tell.  The design is a bit crisper, but I don't see any improvement in *useful* functionality, and the thing is still very slow.

All in all a backwards step, I think.

--

Adam

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far it seems like a great leap backward.

Some of the new features are nice... in theory, but people don't come here looking for nice. They come here looking for answers. If this were an interior design forum I might understand the need for prettier or fancier. In a forum directed at the CF audience I can't see where the features are worth the tradeoffs.

One of the fundamental attractions of CF is FASTER and EASIER. These new forums are neither.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be fair, some of the Adobe forums that utilize this new format do cover design and graphic topics.  The are the compony of PhotoShop and Acrobat and all that ya know.  So don't get to ColdFusion centric.

But, even in the design forums, I would think useful answers to posted questions still trumps pretty fluff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation