• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to make connection via IIS 8.5 to ColdFusion2016

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to make connection via IIS 8.5 to ColdFusion2016, I have cheked connectors, ISAPI filters etc theya re propery configuredb but still I'm not able to access my application.

Whenever I click on browse my application in IIS manager it says "website can not dispaly the page"

Please let me know what I'm missing here and what are the settings and configuartion I have to cjhange in IIS level Or Coldfusion 2016 level.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques , Asynchronous , Builder , Connector , Documentation , Security , Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019
So are you accessing the cf admin using a port, like the default 8500 for cf's built-in web server? If so, could a firewall on the cf server or elsewhere in its network be blocking access to that port from other machines? It would by default. If that's not it, please answer the questions I'd asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

A) did you really mean to say "still we are able to access the console from any of the server" (or did you mean NOT able)?

B) are you using a port in the url to get to the admin, yes or no?

C) again, please answer the first questions I asked. I will not reply again until you do. It's potentially significant.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

May I know if you are able access the content if you enter http://localhost 

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sid, please clarify: did the connection between this same iis and this same cf 2016 ever work? If so, what changed? If  not, how do you know that the settings are "properly configured"?

There are so many moving parts, and any one thing could be wrong, especially if you or anyone may have made any manual changes, trying to "fix" things.

If neither Priyank, nor I or others here can solve things based on whatever you may share, just know that it may take only minutes for an experienced person (like one of us) to solve your problem via a screenshare, where we might quickly assess and diagnose many possible explanations for things not working. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie - I'm not able to access Coldfusion admin console from any other server however its accessible from the one where CF2016 is installed. I tried to add Ip in CF admin still no luck, can you please tell me any settings which I have to tune in Admin console '

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you accessing the cf admin using a port, like the default 8500 for cf's built-in web server? If so, could a firewall on the cf server or elsewhere in its network be blocking access to that port from other machines? It would by default. If that's not it, please answer the questions I'd asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I have changed the port from 8500 to anything else and uncommented the CFIDE from uriworkermap.properties it has started working from all the servers. But in my other existing CF2016 envoirnmnet this type of setting is not there, CFIDE is  not uncommented in uriworkermap.properties and still we are able to access the console froma ny of the server.

I'm not able to understand what I'm missing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A) did you really mean to say "still we are able to access the console from any of the server" (or did you mean NOT able)?

B) are you using a port in the url to get to the admin, yes or no?

C) again, please answer the first questions I asked. I will not reply again until you do. It's potentially significant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I was using 8500 in the url 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you charlie for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One more help required from you Charlie. Please refer the below link.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Whenever-I-Install-ColdFusion2016-updates-it-does-not-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation