Highlighted

Not able to make connection via IIS 8.5 to ColdFusion2016

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to make connection via IIS 8.5 to ColdFusion2016, I have cheked connectors, ISAPI filters etc theya re propery configuredb but still I'm not able to access my application.

Whenever I click on browse my application in IIS manager it says "website can not dispaly the page"

Please let me know what I'm missing here and what are the settings and configuartion I have to cjhange in IIS level Or Coldfusion 2016 level.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Charlie Arehart | Adobe Community Professional

A) did you really mean to say "still we are able to access the console from any of the server" (or did you mean NOT able)?

B) are you using a port in the url to get to the admin, yes or no?

C) again, please answer the first questions I asked. I will not reply again until you do. It's potentially significant.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques, Asynchronous, Builder, Connector, Documentation, Security, Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Not able to make connection via IIS 8.5 to ColdFusion2016

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to make connection via IIS 8.5 to ColdFusion2016, I have cheked connectors, ISAPI filters etc theya re propery configuredb but still I'm not able to access my application.

Whenever I click on browse my application in IIS manager it says "website can not dispaly the page"

Please let me know what I'm missing here and what are the settings and configuartion I have to cjhange in IIS level Or Coldfusion 2016 level.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Charlie Arehart | Adobe Community Professional

A) did you really mean to say "still we are able to access the console from any of the server" (or did you mean NOT able)?

C) again, please answer the first questions I asked. I will not reply again until you do. It's potentially significant.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques, Asynchronous, Builder, Connector, Documentation, Security, Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

May I know if you are able access the content if you enter http://localhost 

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sid, please clarify: did the connection between this same iis and this same cf 2016 ever work? If so, what changed? If  not, how do you know that the settings are "properly configured"?

There are so many moving parts, and any one thing could be wrong, especially if you or anyone may have made any manual changes, trying to "fix" things.

If neither Priyank, nor I or others here can solve things based on whatever you may share, just know that it may take only minutes for an experienced person (like one of us) to solve your problem via a screenshare, where we might quickly assess and diagnose many possible explanations for things not working. 

/Charlie (server troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie - I'm not able to access Coldfusion admin console from any other server however its accessible from the one where CF2016 is installed. I tried to add Ip in CF admin still no luck, can you please tell me any settings which I have to tune in Admin console '

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2019 0
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you accessing the cf admin using a port, like the default 8500 for cf's built-in web server? If so, could a firewall on the cf server or elsewhere in its network be blocking access to that port from other machines? It would by default. If that's not it, please answer the questions I'd asked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I have changed the port from 8500 to anything else and uncommented the CFIDE from uriworkermap.properties it has started working from all the servers. But in my other existing CF2016 envoirnmnet this type of setting is not there, CFIDE is  not uncommented in uriworkermap.properties and still we are able to access the console froma ny of the server.

I'm not able to understand what I'm missing 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2019 0
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I was using 8500 in the url 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you charlie for your help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more help required from you Charlie. Please refer the below link.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Whenever-I-Install-ColdFusion2016-updates-it-does-not-...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019 0