• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not all cell formatting appearing in excel 2013

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Coldfusion to generate a large spreadsheet (18 tabs) with a lot of formatting and it works perfectly when I view the resulting file in Excel 2010 but a bunch of the formatting is missing in Excel 2013.

If I generate each tab in a separate Workbook then the spreadsheets work great but when combined into a single Workbook, problems appear.

Tab 1 - 3 columns x 19 rows  Formatted 42 cells.  formatting is correct on all cells

Tab 2 - 6 columns x 21 rows. Formatted 92 Cells.  formatting only appears on 42 cells

Tab 3 - 4 columns x 10 rows .Formatted 31 cells.   no formatting appears

Tab 4 through 15.  no formatting appears

Tab 16 - 8 columns x 306 rows. formatting on 37 of 2412 cells

Tab 17 . no formatting appears

Tab 18  4 of 28 cells has formatting.

I was thinking there might be a limit on the number of formats that can be applied to a workbook, but then why would it work in Excel 2010 and not Excel 2013.

I am only using 10 different styles but I am applying them on a cell by cell basis.

Has anyone else run into this problem before?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file name are you saving it as ? xls or xlsx?

Which CF version are you using? I think CF11 is using Apache POI 3.9 which is dated before Excel 2013 as well. Which means it may not support a lot of 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently saving the file as xls.  the CF version is 10.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Saving as xlsx (Open xml) may give you different results. It uses a slightly different method of producing the file in the back-end.

Saying that. The Apache POI used in CF10 was predating 2013 so will probably cause problems anyway.

They released CF10 update 21 yesterday with security fixes in. One of the things updated is Apache POI. Which means you may get a better chance of resolving the problem.

I would suggest updating you CF10 to the latest update and see if it makes any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation