• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Number Range

Engaged ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I just have a simple number range and I want to output the results. What I have outputs the results, but for some reason, it only displays the first result. Why does it not display the correct result? Here's what I have:

<cfset X = 27>

<cfset Y = 37>

<cfif (#X# GT 35 LT 51 And #Y# GT 1 LT 35)>

<cfset Result = 200>

<cfelseif (#X# GT 1 LT 35 And #Y# GT 35 LT 51)>

<cfset Result = 300>

<cfelseif (#X# GT 35 LT 51 And #Y# GT 35 LT 51)>

<cfset Result = 100>

</cfif>

<cfoutput>

#Result#

</cfoutput>

Since X is 27 and Y is 37 it should output 300 as the result, but it outputs 200. Why is this? What do I do to fix this? Thanks.

Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Basically you are trying to use the logic X>35<51 and I don't think CF supports this form of "between" logic and I have no clue as to what logic CF is actually performing. I'm surprised it is not puking out an error message. Instead try:

<cfif X GT 35 and X LT 51 and Y GT 1 and Y LT 35>

<cfset Result = 200>

<cfelseif X GT 1 and X LT 35 and Y GT 35 and Y LT 51>

<cfset Result = 300>

<cfelseif (X GT 35 and X LT 51 and Y GT 35 and Y LT 51>

<cfset Result = 100>

</cfif>

Also Result is undefined if all those c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically you are trying to use the logic X>35<51 and I don't think CF supports this form of "between" logic and I have no clue as to what logic CF is actually performing. I'm surprised it is not puking out an error message. Instead try:

<cfif X GT 35 and X LT 51 and Y GT 1 and Y LT 35>

<cfset Result = 200>

<cfelseif X GT 1 and X LT 35 and Y GT 35 and Y LT 51>

<cfset Result = 300>

<cfelseif (X GT 35 and X LT 51 and Y GT 35 and Y LT 51>

<cfset Result = 100>

</cfif>

Also Result is undefined if all those conditions fail so it would be wise to include a final <cfelse> block.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Steve. This works! I have a few more ranges to add to this and I have input boxes to type in numbers. Each input box can only have a certain range of numbers be entered into each one. If a larger number is entered, a message will pop up saying that they need to enter between this number and this number. I was just taking the code I had and trying to simplify it so I could get this to work. I did not think of trying it the way you did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation