Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ODBC 32Bit cannot connect to Colfusion 2016

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have installed Colfusion 2016 in my Windows 10 pc, and I have some problem setting the data source on ODBC 32Bit.

Regards,

Sonny

TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What problem?  Can you provide specific errors or other information?  Also, Windows 10 32-bit or 64-bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl,

Thank you for giving time, ColdFusion 2011 has not problem on it, only occur on ColdFusion 2016

Adding ODBC

ODBC add.PNG

ODBC Add 2.PNG

When verify  the connection.

odbc.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first screenshot suggests you are configuring an ODBC connection to a database, but the second (the verification error) indicates you are using the Microsoft Access driver.  Which is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I'm going to move this into the ColdFusion Database sub-forum, as many of the database experts hang out in there and don't necessarily monitor the main forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl,

I'm trying to connect on Microsoft Text Driver which is in 32bit.

odbc32bit.JPG

Thanks,

Sonny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install the 32-bit or 64-bit version of ColdFusion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl,

I have installed 64bit version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 03, 2016 Mar 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then try configuring a 64-bit ODBC Data Source.  On 64-bit versions, there are two ODBC Data Source Administrator applets.  If you search "odbc" in the Windows 10 search box, you'll see "Set up ODBC datasources (64-bit)" and "Set up ODBC datasources (32-bit)".  Launch the 64-bit one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl,

I have try the ODBC 64-bit, it will have the same problem. in your environment is ok?

Regards,

Sonny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have ColdFusion 2016 installed anywhere, so I can't dig in from that angle.  After a closer look at the error message you get in CF Administrator, I'd guess a permission issue in your registry?  Do you run the ColdFusion under a specific account, or just Local Machine?  If a specific user, you need to go into the registry using Regedit.exe, navigate to the key that is listed in the error ( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI ) and grant permissions to that user (I think read is adequate).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the details with screenshot at cf.install@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation