• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

odbc sql server 2014 coldfusion 11 mismatch error

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed 64 bit versions of SQL server express 2014 and ColdFusion 11 developer edition 64 bit in a Windows 8.1 machine that never had earlier versions of these applications installed.  I successfully created the SQL Server ODBC driver (64 bit) in Windows.  I then tried to create in ColdFusion the ODBC Socket connector.  It recognized the existence of the Windows ODBC configurations (it was in the drop down box).  Yet when I tried to complete the process I got the following error message:

java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC Socket]internal error: The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC Socket]internal error: The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

Thank you in advance for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not have to use the ODBC driver to connect to SQL Server.  The built-in Microsoft SQL Server driver should work fine with SQL Server Express.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, use the built in Microsoft SQL Server driver.

The original CFMX (CF6 I believe) used JDBC-->ODBC-->MS-SQL and it was V.E.R.Y...S.L.O.W.! I would be afraid that using an ODBC socket connector would set you back to the slow days of CF. I have not found any disadvantage of using the native Microsoft SQL Server driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation