• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Office 365 + CF Mail

Engaged ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to send mail using ColdFusion (8) and Office 365, but I'm not sure what username to use in either the Mail Settings in CF Administrator or using a regular CFMail tag. 

Any help is much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

CF8admin > Server Settings > Mail and some comments.

User name       
Password        
If your mail server requires authentication, you can specify a user name and password to use.

-0365 requires authentication so use a valid 0365 account details.

Server Port  
The default port number for mail servers. The standard SMTP mail server port is 25. 

-0365 will not be accepting requests on port 25 use valid port EG 587.

Enable TLS connection to mail server
Select this check box to enable Transport Level Security (TLS) on the connection to the mail server.

-0365 will only allow secure (makes sense because it's cloud) so enable TLS.

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to figure out *which* username and password to use, and where to find that info.  I could give it my personal account information, but I doubt that'll let me send mail from other accounts.  The developers shouldn't know everyone's authentication info.  I want to be able to send emails from anyone at my company or any of our aliases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure out what username to use to enable sending as any user on your system? I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Passing authentication for Office 365 Admin account at CF server may allow other developers to send email..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation