• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old school question: Tag Library?

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once upon a time, there used to be a big library of custom tags and things created by the community and made available to browse and download.  Generally speaking, everything I am looking to build, has already been built, in whole or in part, by someone before me.  It was helpful.  Does anything like that exist anywhere today?   Please let me know.

TOPICS
Documentation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe CFLIB.ORG is still in existence, but no longer updated.  AFAIK, it has not been replaced by anything.

HTH,

^ _ ^

UPDATE:  Yes, https://cflib.org is still running.  Looks like nothings been added since 2017, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While CFLib is still running, there aren't any ColdFusion Custom Tags listed there.  It's a pretty decent repository of User Defined Functions (UDF).  RIAForge is dead, but some of the libraries are still available online (and have been archived by developers.)

Forgebox.io is a good source for modern CFML.  They list many CFCs and modules you can add to your project, but no custom tags.  (I've been converting custom tags to CFCs as I am able too... better performance, re-usuability and whitespace management.)

There's nowhere online that caters to hosting and promoting ColdFusion projects like RIAForge did.  Prior to that, there were a couple of different websites that allowed you to sell your code.  (I'd like to think that there's a market for that as I have developed a superior drop-in CFMap custom tag replacement that supports multiple map services.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation