• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open PDF in READER, not browser, and supply URL parameters for 'search' and 'zoom'.

LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

I'm trying to open PDF files from a URL link - open in READER, not the browser - and have Reader highlight keyword searches, and set the zoom to 100.

The PDFs are in many folders, but I'm currently using CFFILE to do a 'readBinary' of the PDF, then use CFHEADER and CFCONTENT to give the user the option to open in Reader.

<cffile action="readBinary" file=" { filename is in a url parameter } " variable="variables.thisPDF" />

<cfheader name="content-disposition" value="attachment; filename=fakePDFname.pdf##search=#url.parameter#&zoom=100" />

<cfcontent type="application/pdf" variable="#variables.thisPDF#" reset="yes" />

The parameters appear as part of the filename, not as parameters, and I get an error message that there are no programs on my computer that will open "fakePDFname_pdf_search=hazmat&zoom=100".

How can I get keywords to be highlighted within the PDF?

Much appreciated,

^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know that this used to be possible.  But now it seems as though the browser plugins no longer support it.

I've got the PDFs opening in Reader (or whatever the user has the browser set to use.)  It will just append the parameters as part of the filename, and not open the file.

I can open within the browser using the plugin.  It will accept the 'zoom' attribute.  But does nothing with the 'search' attribute.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation