• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Oracle Java Licensing

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For commercial use of  Oracle Java you will 2019 need to get from Oracle a commercial license. I suppose this has also impact to the cost of running ColdFusion server or  ColdFusion Builder? Or is it Adobes headache?

TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Hi All,

The JDK licensing is still under discussion at Adobe. Will announce the decision, once taken.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Here are the answers in this brand new blog from Adobe

Oracle Java support for Adobe ColdFusion - ColdFusion

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,  Suresh Jayaraman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Suresh,

Thank you very much. +1 to Sean's question ("OracleJDK 11 or OpenJDK 11?") and Brad's questions (esp: "What Java providers will Adobe be supporting?").

Thanks!,

-Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

subscribe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know everyone still wants an answer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. That table (which Bardnet found had been shared on Slack) sure looks familiar. 🙂

On ColdFusion and its support for Java 9, 10, and 11​

I hope whoever shared it offered some acknowledgement of where they got it. Don't worry, Bernhard, I'm not asking you to confirm that. 🙂 I'm just speaking rhetorically.

On Anit's subsequent reply, that's great to hear. Would be wonderful if someone would address the topic at CFSummit next week.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oracle reserves all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement. If you wish to use the Software for any purpose other than what is expressly permitted in this Agreement, you must obtain a valid software license from Oracle or the Oracle Resource under a separate agreement allowing such use. Oracle 1Z0-933 VCE However, you acknowledge that the Software may not be intended for use in production and / or that Oracle does not provide a copy of the Software available for production or for other purposes; any development or other work you do with the Software is at your own risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, since the opening of this thread (in July 2018), Adobe have created a blog post on the topic (in Oct 2018), though for now (Nov 15 2018) there is as yet no clarification on the matter. They say "We are currently exploring various alternatives within Adobe to handle this change. As soon as we are ready to communicate publicly about our future path, we will keep you posted on this very portal.":

Oracle's Java policy change - ColdFusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is interesting to note that Amazon will be providing a free long term support version of OpenJDK which that is used at Amazon  "internally on thousands of production services": Amazon Corretto Production-ready distribution of OpenJDK

You might wonder how does that differ from OpenJDK that is also free - the difference is Corretto will have Long Term Support (LTS) for each version - whereas OpenJDK will only get fixes in the latest version.

Just wanted to post that so people are aware of it, since it does look like an option I am looking into and hopefully using personally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems Coretto will be available as Version 8 while OpenJDK (JDK 11.0.1 GA Release )  does not come as 8 for Windows.

I guess it will be hard for Adobe to make CF11 support JAVA 11, 12 or what ever is latest.

Same might be true for 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Introducing Amazon Corretto, a No-Cost Distribution of OpenJDK with Long-Term Support
https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/opensource/amazon-corretto-no-cost-distribution-openjdk-long-term-suppo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since posting my pointer to the Adobe blog post on the topic yesterday afternoon, I then published a pair of blog posts with more info, first on the whole Oracle licensing issue (for those wanting to understand it all better):

https://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2018/11/15/on_CF_and_commercial_use_of_java_going_for...

And then I posted another right after it about Corretto, the openjdk implementation from Amazon (which others here had also mentioned). See my more about it, and my successful brief testing of it with CF2016 (and why not yet 2018), and more:

https://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2018/11/15/considering_amazon_corretto_open_jdk

I'd welcome comments from folks there, or of course any corrections or additions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update: Yesterday, I received an e-mail from a member of Adobe ColdFusion Support, informing me that even the latest version of ColdFusion 2018 doesn't yet support Java 11. He reminded me of the time-line Suresh mentioned earlier: Jan/Feb 2019.

I am therefore resuming my tests with the last Oracle JDK 10 release, namely, JDK-10.0.2. I realize of course that Oracle Java SE 10 has reached ‘End of Support’.

Java SE 10 End of Support.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, any fresh news about it??? Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the answers in this brand new blog from Adobe

Oracle Java support for Adobe ColdFusion - ColdFusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation