• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance Monitoring Toolset only installs datastore.

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PMT 2021 installed on my MacOS laptop and all is good. I then began the install on a Windows server we use as backup. First go install completed and all looked good but service wouldn't start. I tried making some progress reviewing logs and starting the services at the command prompt but decided reinstalling was worth the effort. I used the uninstall option from Windows control panel and then started over. This time however the only option I have to install is the datastore. There's no option for installing PMT any more, and going with just datastore installs just that. There doesn't appear to be any other trace of the previous install. Any idea on how I can get back to installing the entire package?

TOPICS
Monitoring , Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Thanks Charlie, I managed to find the issue. The PMT service was not removed during uninstall for whatever reason. After a 

sc delete "ColdFusion 2021 Performance Monitoring Toolset"

from a command prompt, the installer offered to install PMT along with the datastore again.

The install completed with the same errors I saw on my first try, but I guess I'll call that progress? Another thread might be coming.. Thank you for your input.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does all sound very odd. Assuming there's no other evidence you may have missed, I'd say that as for problems with uninstalling things on Windows, I have often seen mention of a tool called Revo Uninstaller (revouninstaller.com). Might be worth a try here.

Should you have to? No. Have I heard anyone else  experience what you have? No, not all that specifically.

Might there be a different way to get things going, without this Revo approach, or if it doesn't work? I'd think so. But there are too many things to be considered to be listed here, as one result could point in another direction. If you get to the point of needing it resolved and nothing has worked and no one from Adobe or otherwise has helped, I'll say it's possible I could help via a remote screen share. For more, see carehart.org/consulting. This sort of troubleshooting is what I do with people, daily, regarding all sorts of cf issues. If I don't help, you won't have to pay for the time.

Or let us know if you try or find anything else. And perhaps others will chime in with more suggestions for you. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Charlie, I managed to find the issue. The PMT service was not removed during uninstall for whatever reason. After a 

sc delete "ColdFusion 2021 Performance Monitoring Toolset"

from a command prompt, the installer offered to install PMT along with the datastore again.

The install completed with the same errors I saw on my first try, but I guess I'll call that progress? Another thread might be coming.. Thank you for your input.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, good. Thanks for the update. (I would have proposed that, but since you had said, "There doesn't appear to be any other trace of the previous install", I presumed you meant there was also no service left to remove.)

BTW, as for the errors upon the repeated install, you say you're on a Mac. Are you on Big Sur? If so, note that currently neither the PMT, nor CF itself, nor CF Builder are updated to support Big Sur (nor m1/arm processors). I suspect there will be an update to support Big Sur rather soon (could be months). As for m1 that's likely a longer timeframe if at all. And each of the 3 CF products have their own timetable for when such things are done. 

If you are on Big Sur, you could instead run the Adobe Docker images for the PMT (and CF). Docker Desktop for Mac does support Big Sur, and CF or the PMT running as a container on that would technically be Linux, with no concern about Big Sur at all.

That said, Adobe had not yet offered an image for the PMT for CF2021 (though they DID offer one for CF  2021 itself). But the do have a Docker image for the 2018 PMT (and CF2018 and CF2016).  You can find more, including link to the images (and Doker Compose files for runnign the PMT) at the Adobe docs page for the images.  I also have started a github project called Awesome CF Compose which has more working compose files for use with CF (and more planned to come). 

I should note finally that setting up the PMT in docker to talk to a CF instance OUTSIDE of Docker or on another machine can be challenging. All 3 things need to be able to talk to each other (have their respective firewall ports open to each other), the PMT, the PMT datastore, and CF.

Finally, I do think I found that the 2018 PMT could even see a 2021 instance (and I know that a 2021 PMT could see a 2018 CF instance). That said, there is a LOT about getting the PMT going that trips folks up. You mentioned you may create another thread. We can hold off on further discussion until you may. 🙂

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation