Exit

Personal server reinstallation

Contributor ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to reinstall my personal CF server but I have this message:
Connection verification failed for data source: H3637zennet
java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia] [SequeLink JDBC Driver] [ODBC Socket] [Microsoft] [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Your application could not start. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user.
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia] [SequeLink JDBC Driver] [ODBC Socket] [Microsoft] [Microsoft Access ODBC Driver] Your application could not start. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user.
I don't know where it comes from!
Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Hello,
Sorry for my delayed reaction due to the flu 😞
Your advice has been applied and it is working.
thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you seeing it? What is it stopping you from doing?

Have you ensured that any cf odbc service is stopped? Look in task manager (in the details, if offered) for any processes named slserver. If you right-click and choose properties, and they are in the cf folder, choose end task for them, then try again whatever you were doing.

Btw, ate you really using an odbc dsn in cf? Sometimes people find they are not, so then can just stop/disable the cf odbc services (and be careful not to choose them in their next cf installation). 

Finally, if you really ate using an odbc db, in the year 2021, maybe it's (past) time to reconsider. Even for a personal server, any of many free alternatives would be so much better, technically and even for the sake of your career. There are free versions of whatever db you may use at work, which could be a plus to enable for personal use. Or learning a new one could be a real plus. 

But again see my first comments if you are determined to "stick with what you know". 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,
Sorry for my delayed reaction due to the flu 😞
Your advice has been applied and it is working.
thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation