Mar 16, 2011 Mar 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the following:

ColdFusion: 8,0,1,195765

Edition: Standard

Operating System: Windows 2003

Java Version: 1.6.0_20

I have a batch process that queues file upload requests by sending messages to a CFML (asynchronous CFC) gateway.

I get the following messages repeatedly in my eventgateway.log:

Problem adding event for gateway Amazon S3 Gateway Service: Queue size of 10 exceeded when attempting to add more assignments into the threadpool task queue.

I have the same batch process and gateway cfc on multiple servers.  During the batch process, I will queue up many requests, somewhere between 1000 and 5000.  Only one request processes at a time, which exactly how I want it to work.

I was able to succesfully run the process on 10 different servers all of which are using ColdFusion Standard Edition 8,0,0,176276 and did not receive any of the errors in the eventgateway.log.  On the four servers where I get these errors, three are ColdFusion 8,0,1,195765 and one is 9,0,0,,251028.

All the ColdFusion parameters appear to be the same on all servers.  The Event Gateway settings on all servers are set to the following:

Event Gateway Processing Threads = 1

Maximum number of events to queue   = 100,000

Thanks.

TOPICS
Event gateways

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First things first, the 100000 should be without a space or comma. If that still doesn't work, then it could perhaps be that some ColdFusion configurations find 100000 excessive, and revert to the default value 10. Set the maximum value to 5000 and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you should check the "" in the Request Tuning secion. I had set it to 60 (yep thats far too realistic). I got my senses from this post: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/cfmldeveloper/I-3aCT2_ZtM

I made it 10, restarted the server and things looked good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation