Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem installing CF10 on Ubuntu 12.04

Feb 14, 2013 Feb 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just been trying to install CF10 with Apache2 and it was all looking reasonably good, but when I try to use the CFIDE adminstrator, I get a Tomcat error:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NullPointerException coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:129) coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.init(BootstrapServlet.java:59) org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472) org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98) org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:928) org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:414) org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:203) org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:539) org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:298) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) 

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException coldfusion.CfmServlet.init(CfmServlet.java:82) coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:121) coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.init(BootstrapServlet.java:59) org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472) org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98) org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:928) org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:414) org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:203) org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:539) org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:298) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) 

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/7.0.23 logs.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.23

The coldfusion-error.log seems pretty harmless:

Feb 14, 2013 1:06:16 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init

INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: /opt/coldfusion10/jre/lib/amd64/server:/opt/coldfusion10/jre/lib/amd64:/opt/coldfusion10/jre/../lib/amd64:/opt/coldfusion10/cfusion/lib:/opt/coldfusion10/cfusion/lib/_ilnx21/bin:/opt/coldfusion10/cfusion/lib/international::/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib

Feb 14, 2013 1:06:16 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init

INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["ajp-bio-8012"]

Feb 14, 2013 1:06:16 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService startInternal

INFO: Starting service Catalina

Feb 14, 2013 1:06:16 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine startInternal

INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/7.0.23

Feb 14, 2013 1:06:21 PM org.apache.catalina.util.SessionIdGenerator createSecureRandom

INFO: Creation of SecureRandom instance for session ID generation using [SHA1PRNG] took [5,003] milliseconds.

Feb 14, 2013 1:06:24 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

INFO: ColdFusionStartUpServlet: ColdFusion: Starting application services

Feb 14, 2013 1:06:24 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

INFO: ColdFusionStartUpServlet: ColdFusion: VM version = 20.4-b02

Could not determine local hostname.

Any other diagnostics I should include?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2013 Feb 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex

Have you checked compatibility of ColdFusion10 with Ubuntu 12.04 from this link http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/coldfusion/pdfs/cf10/coldfusi... ?

As per the link, this version is not certified.

Regards

Swaraj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2013 Jul 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. The 12.04 version is supported.

I tried it on a clean server, but it does not work.

How can I fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carone,

Can you download CF 10 from adobe.com and try again.

Regards,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switch to ubuntu 12.04 same error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same issue on Debian.

Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.41-2+deb7u2 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as well, Centos 6.4, with CF 10 Developer version. Anyone know how to fix it yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did get it working - unfortunately I've forgotten how!

Not very helpful, I know, but it is worth persisting 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. lol. I found the problem and so is the solution. Dont know why though. I didnt give my server a proper hostname. So i went back and change the /etc/hosts as well as /etc/resolv.conf. after that reboot the server (sound like Window OS..lol) and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your cause was the same because you had "Could not determine local hostname." in the error log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my local hostname on /etc/hosts but I'm still getting the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot later...

...just to say that I had the same error just now and did a Google, only to find my own complaint!!!

However, the problem was indeed to do with hostnames.

I just edited /etc/hostname to contain "myserver.mydomain.com"

did "hostname myserver.mydomain.com"

/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

/opt/coldfusion10/cfusion/bin/coldfusion restart

and all was good...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just read this, jajaja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation