• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with CF Server

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using CF Server 11 and CF Builder 3.

Everything was fine, but suddenly I got a message "The 127.0.0.1 page isn’t working".  I get a similar message if I try to access the CF Administrator.

I am using Apache Tomcat, 11.0. listening on port 8500 and Opera 41.0, Windows 10, 64 bit.

I have checked firewalls but found no blocking. According to the message at the bottom of the CF Builder Page, CF Server is running.

Anyone any ideas as to what could have happened? Thanks in advance for comments.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

I downloaded CF Server 2016, almost in desperation after several days with the above errors.

With CF 2016 everything works fine. I made no changes to IIS or anything else.

I have no idea what happened with CF11.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you are "using Apache Tomcat", what do you mean, specifically? You started out saying you were using CF, and sure, CF is bundled atop Tomcat. But by mentioning it separately do you mean you have installed Tomcat yourself? And what's its connection to the CF you're running?

You don't mean you're using Apache the web server, right? Indeed, are you using IIS?

Because you say you're using port 8500, which would be CF's built-in web server, so that request would NOT be going through any external web server (which uses port 80 by default).

But you say you get an error, "he 127.0.0.1 page isn’t working". That's not a generic phrase that CF would put out, or IIS. Is that really EXACTLY what your error says? Anything more?

Finally, you say all was working before, then "suddenly" it was not. So first, are you 100% positive you are using the same URLs now that had "worked" before? And if so, the classic question now applies: so what changed? Did you change ANYTHING related to CF, the web server, your network, your firewall, your browser, or anything at all since when it was all last "working"?

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your comments and apologies for some parts of my message being unclear.

Firstly the issue occurred when I booted up yesterday. Previously I was able to connect to the server without problem. I get the same error message with all CF Projects, and indeed it comes up if I try to access the CF Administrator.

I am using the built in CF Server, with Tomcat Version 11.0.

I get the following console error messages:

[defaultLocal]:FATAL ERROR in native method: JDWP No transports initialized, jvmtiError=AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197)

[defaultLocal]:ERROR: transport error 202: bind failed: Address already in use

[defaultLocal]:ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, TRANSPORT_INIT(510)

[defaultLocal]:JDWP exit error AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197): No transports initialized [debugInit.c:750]

[defaultLocal]:Error(12/05 at 10:02:03) Unable to start server. Server startup timed out.

The server does eventually start, but then I receive the error messages:

The 127.0.0.1 page isn’t working

127.0.0.1 unexpectedly closed the connection.

as previously indicated.

I can access 127.0.0.1:8500/cfide and administrator/ appears in the directory list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still cannot get the CF Server to resolve.  The server is stopped when I boot up (previously it started automatically). I can start it - but process takes 4 minutes.

With Chrome I get the message ERR_INCOMPLETE_CHUNKED_ENCODING when trying to access the CF Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded CF Server 2016, almost in desperation after several days with the above errors.

With CF 2016 everything works fine. I made no changes to IIS or anything else.

I have no idea what happened with CF11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation