• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with converting TIFF to PDF

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just had a new client start using our site and when they upload their TIFF files to us and my system tries to convert them to a PDF I receive this error:

"Unsupported combination of photometric interpretation, samples per pixel, and bit depth. "

Yet when we have our customer service team go in and manually convert and merge them using Acrobat Pro it does so with no problems. Has anyone seen this or have any idea's on how to possibly fix it before pushing back against our client to change their files?

Thanks,

Colin

TOPICS
Reporting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not without seeing your code.

Manually converting them and using Acrobat Pro isn't the same as uploading them via the interface that the client uses, which could explain why it works one way but not the other.

Have you checked the CFAdmin error logs, or the webserver logs?  Are there error messages that the client sees when this fails?  Or do you have error messages emailed to the web admin?

Are you using CFTRY/CFCATCH?

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

I get that they are different processes, just find it interesting that we have the capability to merge them on one adobe system but not another.

The error is part of a try/catch that emails me when there's an error on merging the files so the client never sees the issue, just us on the internal systems. In the email I just send all the details from the error from the catch to myself.

The code I'm using to convert the TIFF to PDF is the PDFIT plugin.

Thanks,

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDFIT.. as in the FireFox plugin?  Or is this something else?

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pdfIT

It's a library that was implemented before I inherited this code base. I'm not opposed to using something else or coding my own converter but right now there are just so many projects to do I'd like to avoid it if at all possible.

I recognize it's more than likely a problem with the TIFF but as I said I would like to not have to push back to our client either.

Thanks,

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I cannot access that link as it is blocked by our network admins.  I'll see if I can Google it.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of curiosity, have you tried CFHTMLTOPDF?

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not, can it work on TIFF's? I was under the impression it only worked on HTML.

Thanks,

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never worked with it, myself.  But if it converts HTML to PDF, I theoretically think that if the HTML has an image in it that it will convert the image to PDF.

Again, never tried it, myself.  Untested.  But it seems logical.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last software I used to convert TIFFs to PDFs was part of the GNU Win32 TIFF library:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/tiff.h...

It hasn't been touched since 2006, but it still works.  I called it using CFEXECUTE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I've been off on vacation and am just getting back in to the office to keep working on this issue.

It appears to have spread to another client that we've never had issues with in the past to convert their TIFF's to PDF's. I just find it interesting that it has barely just started and we've been converting TIFF's for years and years using this same system. This issue also isn't with all TIFF's just some by certain clients.

I will look into if the GNU Win32 TIFF library works for these but with how deeply integrated "PDFIT" is into this application I shudder to think of the work it would take to move the TIFF portions to that.

Thanks,

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation