• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Process HEIC files on upload

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to use cfimage to resize and convert photos on upload for a maintence app (slideshow).  with the new iPhone 11 default to HEIC, people are finding they cannot upload the file and have it processed by my cf app.  Help!!!

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've encountered this limitation too.  Some JPGs would be reported as "not valid" or the operation would consume too much memory and/or take a considerable amount of time to perform.

We use GraphicsMagick internally (faster, supports more formats), but it doesn't support HEIC/HEIF.  I read that ImageMagick supported HEIC, so downloaded the portable version and performed a simple HEIC-to-JPG conversion using a popular Nokia HEIC file and it successfully (and quickly) converted to JPG.

c:\ImageMagick\Magick.exe "c:\images\In.HEIC" "c:\images\out.jpg"

After converting to to JPG (or PNG since it's lossless), you can then resize, etc.  You can also perform those transformations (and more) using ImageMagick too (recommended).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation