Promote Developer to Standard

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have developed and built my environment in coldFusion developer.  I purchased a stndard license and when I try to enter my license for standard edition i get the following.  Can this be done?

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Eric,

The first question to my mind is:  Did you purchase the license from Adobe, directly?

If not, then reach out to whomever sold it to you and get a new one.  If the third-party doesn't co-operate, or can't be reached, then contact the BBB (or your country's equivalent) and file a complaint.  You may or may not get reimbursed.

If you did purchase directly from Adobe, reach out to customer support and work with them to get this fixed.

HTH,

^ _ ^

UPDATE:  Keep in mind that the Developer edition of CF has full Enterprise support.  Make sure the code you wrote doesn't use any Enterprise functionality, or the Standard version may go belly-up on it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A simpler question would be: are you sure what you are using is indeed a CF *2018* license?

And if it is, are you sure you're putting in a license key, vs perhaps some sort of serial number? I can tell you that a CF std license would start with 1187- (while a CF Enterprise key would start with 1185-), and then either way the key would have a total of 24 chars (in 6 groups of 4 numbers separated by dashes). Does your key look like that, Eric?

I'm afraid there are no further patterns to tell a 2018 license from a 2016 one, and so on--at least as far as I can see, when I compare various keys I have for the various versions over the years.

/Charlie (server troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines