• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

QoQ OR Joins + Unions using junction table?

Participant ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize in advance for not seeing the obvious query to get the result set I need, but a picture is worth...

desired.jpg

Thanks for your advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot see how this is possible. The keys of the Name table (nameId, ownerId) are unrelated to those of the Spouse table (familyId, husbandId, wifeId).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your observation.

I was sure that NameID (4000 individuals) in the Name Table equaled HusbandIDs (2000) & WifeIDs (2000) from the junction table. However, when I ran a simple query listing all, I realized that the junction table has bad data- no use at all.

So I'm creating a new DB starting with one main table with all clean records.

As long as your reading this, inserting values from DB1 ( #Request.BaseDSN1#)/existing table to DB2 (#Request.BaseDSN2#)/new table- can one do something like:

<CFSET DB2 = #Request.BaseDSN2#>

<CFSET DB3 = #Request.BaseDSN3#>

INSERT INTO DB3.....etc

SELECT ...etc

FROM DB2?

I do appreciate your time- I wish they had spell-check on the community support app- this is Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation